Rotisserie experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
chinchilla said:
I just put together some home-made gyros. I'd love to throw it on the spit vs. the oven, and was wondering if anyone has any experience to share on grill rotisseries. Hardware? Brand? Good, bad experience?

Thanks,

Chinchilla
I know they are expensive. The ones you see at the greek places. You can make one with your grill actually. I'f your just make in a few gyros, try my souvlaki kebobs.... :D

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=9634&highlight=souvlaki

or
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=9588&highlight=souvlaki

You guys are gonna laugh, but I own the Ronco Showtime Rotissery grill and love it. You know, the set it and forget it thing.

I have done standing rib roasts, pork tenderloins, chickens and Kabobs that have all turned out perfect. Back when I was a little more single, it was how I cooked to impress the dates. It was perfect for two person meals.

I still use the silicone gloves that came with it to pull my smoked pork.

Chiles

Home Depot carrys a nice after market Rotess..either Char Griller..or Char Broiler brand..costs about 40 bucks or so. Not quite as fancy as a Weber but it about half the cost. Academy Sports also sells a Rotess for about 20-25 bucks but it a light duty piesa sheet. I wouldnt buy that one again.

bigwheel

Chiles said:
You guys are gonna laugh, but I own the Ronco Showtime Rotissery grill and love it. You know, the set it and forget it thing.

I have done standing rib roasts, pork tenderloins, chickens and Kabobs that have all turned out perfect. Back when I was a little more single, it was how I cooked to impress the dates. It was perfect for two person meals.

I still use the silicone gloves that came with it to pull my smoked pork.

Chiles

Does this mean that you and that fantastic looking blond that came to the campground are an item now?

Bill,
No, she got back with her ex-boyfriend and I got back with my ex-girlfrined. I knew it was just kind of spring fling deal. She's a sweetheard of a gal, but does not want to get married or have kids. I on the otherhand am looking settle down and get into the parenting business. I think you will like the this one much better, and she is a fantastic cook too!

-Chiles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom