Ribs judge apperience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MUShand

Senior Cook
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361062232.840201.jpg what do you think I the apperience?

They would look better if they were on a plate in front of me! Very nice, maybe a little more bone showing might the only small thing I could see.

IBCA Lynn might nag a bit if they are turned in as wet as they look. Then you have to listen to the standarized lecture about it being a meat contest vs a sauce contest..and make you go back and wipe off some of the sauce. It just can get a little humiliating sometimes. Now if them happen to be Baby Backs..she take a curvy bone and whup you over the head with it all the way back the camper.

They would look better if they were on a plate in front of me! Very nice, maybe a little more bone showing might the only small thing I could see.

X2 they look outstanding but I agree they look a little undercooked due to the bones not quite showing enought. That's just a perception though as they may have been the most tender ribs ever. Great cook!!!

They look kinda shiny and plastic-ey on this screen, but I doubt that's in real life.;)

I have to agree about the plate in front of me. :D As far as the meat pulling back on the bone, sometimes it just won't do that.

BOB

Never heard of not enough bones sticking out..gasp. I started to nag because I seen some. In God's Country grand prize winning ribs do not show any end bones or the most miniscule amount allowed. I would say 1/4" poke out be enough to knock em from 1st to third..other criteria remaining the same. I would vote to turn in the rack not showing the bones..less cooking in Sunny CA. lol. Sharp pullback on the ends means they was cooked too hot and fast.

Back
Top Bottom