Ribs are on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not happy at all with the pack of ribs I got from BJ's and if they weren't so far away I would take them back. But I'm cooking them anyways. They're over trimmed, shiners. Take a look.

Man you weren't kidding. Those ribs look like the hack and pack guys got overzealous. I’ve had pretty good luck with my local BJ’s. But I have also had a hard time finding nice looking ribs as well.
Larry do you always cook your ribs in a rib rack? What type of adjustments do you make when using a rack? I used one once and didn’t like the way mine came out, maybe it was something that I did?

They will be fine Larry! I use the same rib rack but I try to trim the ribs down in length so they don't hand over past the edge of the water bowl. The trimmed pieces I lay on top of the rest of the ribs. Seems to have worked for me.

wittdog said:
Man you weren't kidding. Those ribs look like the hack and pack guys got overzealous. I’ve had pretty good luck with my local BJ’s. But I have also had a hard time finding nice looking ribs as well.
Larry do you always cook your ribs in a rib rack? What type of adjustments do you make when using a rack? I used one once and didn’t like the way mine came out, maybe it was something that I did?

No Dave, but when I do more than 2 racks on the WSM you kinda need to do them in a rack due to lack of space. I've had good luck using the racks, not problems or complaints.

Larry Wolfe said:
I'm not happy at all with the pack of ribs I got from BJ's and if they weren't so far away I would take them back. But I'm cooking them anyways. They're over trimmed, shiners. Take a look.

Must have had the New guy on ribs that day #-o

Green Hornet said:
I hade no idea there was a name for something like that :eek:
Ya learn something new every time ya log on here =D>
Thats what its all about my brotha' :!:
Thanks Bri :(

Ribs look great larry! =D> Hopefuly I ll be able to fire up the pit next weekend.

Chris

I just learned what shiners were in this topic #-o
But the Wolfe man can even make those look good :!:
Fine lookin' ribs bro' =D> =D> =D> =D>
Damn fine lookin' ribs =D>

Damn !!!
13.gif
10.gif
13.gif

Puff said:
The Joker said:
Bill, i'm thinkin' he should send samples with the rub :!:
Kind of a bonus :!:
I'm thinkin' the g'ment should move the DTRA up here to western NY. Hell, Giambra is giving out all kinds of incentives! Friggin' Mafia!!! :-X But hey! Samples are the next best thing. Ummm, let's not go there. 8-[

The Joker said:
Puff said:
[quote="The Joker":1lhetomj]Damn !!!
13.gif
10.gif
13.gif
I'm thinkin' the g'ment should move the DTRA up here to western NY. Hell, Giambra is giving out all kinds of incentives! Friggin' Mafia!!! :-X But hey! Samples are the next best thing. Ummm, let's not go there. 8-[[/quote:1lhetomj]

Okay, those of us who ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH, would like to know if you could translate this!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":1tvb8380]
Puff said:
[quote="The Joker":1tvb8380]Damn !!!
13.gif
10.gif
13.gif
I'm thinkin' the g'ment should move the DTRA up here to western NY. Hell, Giambra is giving out all kinds of incentives! Friggin' Mafia!!! :-X But hey! Samples are the next best thing. Ummm, let's not go there. 8-[[/quote:1tvb8380]

Okay, those of us who ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH, would like to know if you could translate this![/quote:1tvb8380]
Let's see...
G'ment = government
DTRA = Defense Threat Reduction Agency
NY = LMAO
Giambra = Erie County Executive

Did I get everything?

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":365r6efq][quote="The Joker":365r6efq]
Puff said:
[quote="The Joker":365r6efq]Damn !!!
13.gif
10.gif
13.gif
I'm thinkin' the g'ment should move the DTRA up here to western NY. Hell, Giambra is giving out all kinds of incentives! Friggin' Mafia!!! :-X But hey! Samples are the next best thing. Ummm, let's not go there. 8-[[/quote:365r6efq]

Okay, those of us who ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH, would like to know if you could translate this![/quote:365r6efq]
Let's see...
G'ment = government
NY = LMAO

Did I get everything?[/quote:365r6efq]

Much better. This way you get your post count up also! #-o :)

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":eek:xjnh286][quote="Nick Prochilo":eek:xjnh286][quote="The Joker":eek:xjnh286]
Puff said:
[quote="The Joker":eek:xjnh286]Damn !!!
13.gif
10.gif
13.gif
I'm thinkin' the g'ment should move the DTRA up here to western NY. Hell, Giambra is giving out all kinds of incentives! Friggin' Mafia!!! :-X But hey! Samples are the next best thing. Ummm, let's not go there. 8-[[/quote:eek:xjnh286]

Okay, those of us who ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH, would like to know if you could translate this![/quote:eek:xjnh286]
Let's see...
G'ment = government
NY = LMAO

Did I get everything?[/quote:eek:xjnh286]

Much better. This way you get your post count up also! #-o :)[/quote:eek:xjnh286]
What about Mafia :eek: :hide:

Back
Top Bottom