Rib Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noticed some unpumped butts in there the other day so maybe they are getting with the program on the unenhanced stuff. Now will tell you a secret you may not know or then again it might have dawned on ya. When Albertsons and/or Kroger have a two for one sale..on most occasions they just double the price of the one which aint free. Not sure how they get away with it. Hopefully Prez Osama can fix that scam.

bigwheel

Ive got three racks on deck and ready to send the wife to get a few more! :shock: :D

Ill be doing some ribs for the frozen few but not sure if ill get into the rib category because of warm weather...........maybe if I do my cooks at night it will be cold enough to be included with the big boys.

Maybe Griff or someone could answer that. Thanks. ;)

bigwheel said:
Noticed some unpumped butts in there the other day so maybe they are getting with the program on the unenhanced stuff. Now will tell you a secret you may not know or then again it might have dawned on ya. When Albertsons and/or Kroger have a two for one sale..on most occasions they just double the price of the one which aint free. Not sure how they get away with it. Hopefully Prez Osama can fix that scam.

bigwheel

I got 3 racks for $11.00 I thought that was a deal! :D

dollarbill said:
Ill be doing some ribs for the frozen few but not sure if ill get into the rib category because of warm weather.
Doesn't matter what you cook, if it's warmer than 32° your entry will be judged with other Southern Comfort entries. Southern comfort can include anything from chicken to whole hog (actually, I expect whole hog would impress the judges a lot ;)).

dollarbill said:
...maybe if I do my cooks at night it will be cold enough to be included with the big boys.
That would work. All you have to do is document the temp during your cook.

--John

Well yes indeedy you did get a heckuva deal. Whut be the expiry date? Hope you got em in the freezer right quick. Was they in the cryo or in the butcher's saran wrap? Any idear on how much they weighed? Was it regular old untrimmed spares or maybe some of that curvy bone stuff?
Thanks.

bigwheel

dollarbill said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I got 3 racks for $11.00 I thought that was a deal! :D

Roughly 2.75 lbs. each rack.

They're all trimmed up and cryovaced. Experation date of February 11th.

mmmmmmmmmmm.... I cant wait! and for now, the guy I work with brought in some beef breakfast tacos.

Beef - it's whats for breakfast! ;) :D

Yeppers would say you gave em a good spanking on that deal. Fortunant to get a beakfast like that too.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom