Rib question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Doing some BB's for dinner tommarrow....the question is do you guys rub the day before, a few hours before or just before cooking ?

john pen said:
Doing some BB's for dinner tommarrow....the question is do you guys rub the day before, a few hours before or just before cooking ?

I rub just before cooking. If you're using a rub high in salt, if you rub way ahead of time they could taste hammy.

Sometimes simple is good. One of my favorites is to rub with Worchestshire sauce then sprinkle a mixture of kosher salt, garlic sale, and ground
black pepper just before smoking. Spray with apple juice a couple of times. I do not sauce, but always have several types available.

Man JP its been so long you forgot how to prep your ribs....remember to take the silver skin off the back..... :shock: :LOL:
I rub before they go on.

wittdog said:
Man JP its been so long you forgot how to prep your ribs....remember to take the silver skin off the back..... :shock: :LOL:
I rub before they go on.

The charcol goes in the bottom of that shiny tube looking thing, right ?

john pen said:
wittdog said:
I rub before they go on.

Don't forget the lighter fluid. ;)

Puff said:
john pen said:
wittdog said:
I rub before they go on.

Don't forget the lighter fluid. ;)

Not only did I remember the lighter fluid, I used it on top of Matchlight charcol. I lit it up as soon as the ribs were done boiling ! Now, where did I put that foil ??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom