Rib Help, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="oct_97":1xfldzw8]I've never used the Texas crutch and my BB's take right around four hours. :)

I thought the Texas crutch was for frogs that lost their legs. I foil my ribs to keep the aliens from using their mind control device on them. Once them outer space people exert mind control on your ribs they get tough and unedible!

11.gif

Tin Foil Hats
Aluminimum Deflector Foil Beanie[/quote:1xfldzw8]

BFD, You been hitting the sauce? :LOL:

Hey guy's. Your are right on the 3-2-1 method - it's for spare ribs. I went back and re-read the original post and see he is cooking baby backs...much shorter cooking time than spares. More like 2-1-.5 (for me).

Gator

Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1s8df7qe][quote="Burnt Food Dude":1s8df7qe][quote="oct_97":1s8df7qe]I've never used the Texas crutch and my BB's take right around four hours. :)

I thought the Texas crutch was for frogs that lost their legs. I foil my ribs to keep the aliens from using their mind control device on them. Once them outer space people exert mind control on your ribs they get tough and unedible!

11.gif

Tin Foil Hats
Aluminimum Deflector Foil Beanie[/quote:1s8df7qe]

BFD, You been hitting the sauce? :LOL:[/quote:1s8df7qe]

I've been experimenting with some homemade bourban bbq sauce. Why do you ask? :cheers [smilie=rlp_smilie_242.gif] :ROFL[/quote:1s8df7qe]
[smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":28cthk87][quote="Burnt Food Dude":28cthk87][quote="oct_97":28cthk87]I've never used the Texas crutch and my BB's take right around four hours. :)

11.gif

Tin Foil Hats
Aluminimum Deflector Foil Beanie[/quote:28cthk87]

BFD, You been hitting the sauce? :LOL:[/quote:28cthk87]

I've been experimenting with some homemade bourban bbq sauce. Why do you ask? :cheers [smilie=rlp_smilie_242.gif] :ROFL[/quote:28cthk87]

Just the thought that you found those websites scares me! :LOL:

gator said:
Hey guy's. Your are right on the 3-2-1 method - it's for spare ribs. I went back and re-read the original post and see he is cooking baby backs...much shorter cooking time than spares. More like 2-1-.5 (for me).

Gator

It depends on the cooker for me. The Double K, which is a gas burner will burn off BB's to a very nice clean bone, in about 5 hours. But, the Mary J, which is the OK Joe 30in all wood burner takes 6 hours and sometimes a little more. Many times it depends on how many times I open the chamber to add which layer of flavor or how long it stays open to wrap etc. I find that 225 for six hours develops quite a good end product.

The last time we cooked chicken in the WSM we cooked 4 chickens cut in half at 235 and it wasn't quite done after 3 1/2 hours. Thighs on the other hand were perfect with the same process. Go figure!

Good Q!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom