Rib Experiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Today Im doing ribs. I left the membrane on the backside as Ive been hearing talk of it holding in the moisture. Il also be keeping them membrane side down, as opposed to flipping them and as usual, basting them every 30 min after the first three hours.

Picture for proof only..

Attachments

• ribs.jpg
    ribs.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 251
Well as they say over in Arabia..you can lead a camel to water but you cant make him drink too much unless you sneak up behind him with two bricks.

I started just slashing the membrane in a cris cros pattern and cooking them It seems to work fine for me. I do also like Bigwheels way of cooking with the membrane up to hold that puddle of juice on them while they cook. But I also use the TEXAS crutch to keep them moist.

Well, I gotta say, for whatever reasons they were the best ribs I ever cooked ! Very moist, almost juicy ! I usually flip the ribs as i cook them , which I didn't do this time, So that may have also been a factor.. Irregardless, They came out really good !

It stayed on and got crispy.. came off easy. I wont lie, I tried a piece and it wasn't bad lol

Hmm some folks aint picky eaters..apparently. lol. Dont try swallowing the brane on a beef ribs. I like to strangled to death on one of those back in the good old days. Way before the trusty old hiney lick maneuver got invented. Was right on the verge of dying when I decided to reach down my own throat with thumb and forefinger and got a hold of the loose end and pulled it on out. Or maybe..if you want to eat beef rib branes chew it well is the motto of this story. Sometimes chewing dont help. It can be treacherous.

if you want to eat beef rib branes chew it well is the motto of this story.

If you have to chew ribs to Hell and back, that ain't right. Thankfully bigwheel saved himself before he got hinney licked!

Reverse Flow....2.5-3 lb loinbacks...No Flipping, Membrane off, Meat Up.........4.5 hrs at 250 or so...wrap in dbl foil and rest in warm vertical...perfect every time....
dj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom