Reverend Marvin's BBQ Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
I took Rev. Jr. up on his offer of Reverend Marvin's BBQ Sauce in the special deals section of this forum. I ordered it Wednesday night and received it a few minutes ago which is Friday. Boy, that was quick. I had to give it a try and I must say it taste good. Now I haven't tried it on any food yet, but I believe it will be good on just about anything. This is also the first time I've tasted a mustard base BBQ sauce.

Cleg, it's really the same thing you hear about as far as SC mustard sauce. The kind around columbia that Maurice is famous for is actually
very much like mustard, with some sweetness. The Pee Dee area around Florence, which is where Rev. Marvins is from, has a much thinner mixture with vinegar and no sweetness. I absoutely love it on
chicken and pork, but I know some people even use it as a salad dressing!

Try adding 3 or 4 spoonfuls of honey per cup, and you'll get a honey mustard sauce that is the best I've ever had....good and spicy...great on chicken wings!!

We can't keep bottles of the Rev's sauce in our house cause it goes so fast! Matter of fact I used some as a dipping sauce last night with Kielbasa. My 3 year old loves it too!

Thanks so much for the kind words, guys. BTW- the offer of "buy 2 bottles of Original and get 2 bottles of Hot FREE" still stands. Thanks.

Woody Lynch (aka Rev.Jr.)
President/Delivery Boy/Assistant Bottle Washer
Reverend Marvin's Gourmet BBQ Sauce

www.revmarvin.com

P.S., the stuff is also great as a salad dressing! I know this cause I just used it as one! Gotta "bite" to it, but damn good!

If you are looking in to a different way to do cole slaw...drop in rev marvins instead of the traditional creamy stuff...

Really, this sauce is good on most everything! Well worth the $$ in my book! I have a case on hand for any event!

I use the Rev's 'hot' and honey a lot. Great on chicken, chops, and ribs. To go with the Christmas beef, I used Rev's and mayo... 1/2 & 1/2 as a condiment. Latest experiment was Rev's hot, honey, and cranberry / honey mustard on chicken.... Damn tasty.

We did skewered shrimp with the Rev.'s hot last night. Mmmm good. I also had some of the trimmed ends off the Christmas beef tenderloin. I trim off the pointy end and the knobby end to get a nice uniform roast out of the middle three-fourths. The ends I cut into to chunks for skewers. So. last night was surf and turf. Shrimp with Rev.'s hot sauce and beef tenderloin chunks.

Griff

Like Finney said! I did that last night and it was great. If you don't like a full heat, use his hot sauce like that. It cools down a bit when you cook it like that. My wife isn't into too much into the heat and she loved it last night. That Rev. has a way with women!

Smokehouse said:
I'll give it a shot. Used the ole "finger in the bottle" method last night. Didn't light any bulbs for me. Then tried it on a couple of frankfurters and it was purty good. I'll try the chicken - 'tis my favorite Que.
The 'out of the bottle' flavor isn't the 'as cooked' flavor. Much more 3 dimensional when cooked.

Back
Top Bottom