Reunion cook question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
The first weekend of August, Ill be in Va. doing a cook for my wifes family reunion. Im guessing we'll be feeding between 30 and 40 folks (maby more, but no less). Im doing a few butts, a brisket and ribs (we'll be there almost a week so leftovers will be required). My brother in law will be doing a garbage can turkey and there will be tons of sides..Im good on the brisket and butt, but with that amount of food/people, how many ribs would you guys do. I am planning on cutting them into 1 bone servings...

With two or three kinds of meat I would do 4 people per rack. I found that people usually pile up the pork and brisket and just nibble on the ribs.

What part of VA will you be in? I live in Central VA.

brian j said:
[quote="john pen":ard7akim]The first weekend of August, Ill be in Va. doing a cook for my wifes family reunion. Im guessing we'll be feeding between 30 and 40 folks (maby more, but no less). Im doing a few butts, a brisket and ribs (we'll be there almost a week so leftovers will be required). My brother in law will be doing a garbage can turkey and there will be tons of sides..Im good on the brisket and butt, but with that amount of food/people, how many ribs would you guys do. I am planning on cutting them into 1 bone servings...
sounds like an excuse to have a party and show you how us virginians q. wittdog is a good host and all, but this is where barbecue was born. :!:[/quote:ard7akim]
And WNY is were it has been perfected.... :!: :!: #-o Just having fun.
Brian my wife read your post over my shoulder and started panicing, are we having a party!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:idea: Maybe will invite the whole gang over hear after Oinktoberfest. :grin:
She'll never see this post
Or maybe we will get polluted in Clarence at the Pumpkin Patch.

brian j said:
i don't think you'll be getting polluted in clarence... i think you'll be getting DRUNK! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Yeah Clarence doesn't have the same Super Fund Clean Up issues as Love Canal and Lewiston......
I'm not Drunk I'm just Drinking....

Brian and Bill, I believe its Alexandria....If I remember correctly about 45 min west of DC..(but Im willing to travel for 'Q).

And Bruce, thanks for that heads up..I wasn't sure of his occupation...he's so shy most of the time...

brian j said:
[quote="john pen":fbr5jhiu]Brian and Bill, I believe its Alexandria....If I remember correctly about 45 min west of DC..(but Im willing to travel for 'Q).
sounds more like ashburn. alexandria is right across the river from dc.[/quote:fbr5jhiu]

Just spoke with the wife, its Vienna....

NP, I use to work in Vienna. Maybe we could all get together at Larry's or Brians. The live further north than me. I'd make the trip if I am off work. Let me know the dates and I will let you know my schedual.

PARTY TIME

john pen said:
The first weekend of August, Ill be in Va. doing a cook for my wifes family reunion. Im guessing we'll be feeding between 30 and 40 folks (maby more, but no less). Im doing a few butts, a brisket and ribs (we'll be there almost a week so leftovers will be required). My brother in law will be doing a garbage can turkey and there will be tons of sides..Im good on the brisket and butt, but with that amount of food/people, how many ribs would you guys do. I am planning on cutting them into 1 bone servings...

Just cook double your usual, and you should be fine :!:
We didn't get our invitation... wasn't something said about being just like family? :fam:
I guess I don't have to tell you, but don't forget the pics!
have fun and let us know once you've recovered and are ready to cook (or just eat) again.... we'll have to get together.

Back
Top Bottom