reposted...dry rubs on steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn White

Sous Chef
BBQinALASKA said:
Does anyone put dry rubs on their steaks?

ya could I guess but you'd have to be careful of what's goin in the rub and consider how you are cooking the steaks ... like if you start with a high heat sear you could burn your rub to char

I have used a bottled wet-rub (thick seasoned tomatoe hickory) for steaks after searing and enjoyed it ...

those angus rib-eyes of yours though .... I'd sear them up good both sides, take them to 140F ish internal and just use some Montreal Steak spice, Lawry's, Hy's or just even S&P on one side near the end .... maybe on two sides if it was 1.5" thick or greater

rest wrapped in foil for 20 minutes before serving ... serve with some sauteed mushrooms with onion and a bit of the same seasoning

that's how I'd do it ...

BBQinALASKA said:
"rest wrapped in foil for 20 minutes before serving"

do you mean off the grill? won't they be cold?, well not cold, but not as hot?
ya, i will take them off the grill and wrap tightly in foil and let rest ... remove just a hair before you think they are done .... never been cold on me yet ... I usually throw a couple of tea towels over them or something

BBQinALASKA said:
How do you get that quote window to work?
use the Quote button or type manually like this (spell quote correctly, not 'qwote' for the open and close quote tags)

[qwote="BBQinALASKA"]Does anyone put dry rubs on their steaks?[/qwote]

... if the author name is omitted it's just a simple quote
Some Quote Here

Bryan S said:
Put some olive oil on both sides and a nice coating of salt and pepper is all you need. That's what i use most of the time when grilling steaks. YUMMY =P~

Bryan is 100% correct, kosher salt and coarse FRESH cracked black pepper is all you need. Simplicity at it's best.

Stogie has a rub (Yum Yum) with no sugar that is great on steak (has some heat to it). Sugar is the key, can't have any.
Jim

I use either Durkee Kansas City steak seasoning or Durkee Steak dust. Both are really good and available at Walmart.
:beach:

Back
Top Bottom