Reheating brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Flytyer said:
My son's 2nd birthday is this weekend and I'm planning on ribs and brisket. I will need to do the brisket ahead of time and I am coming to the realization that I have never cooked a brisket days before an event so I have never worried about reheating the whole thing. Any words of wisdom? It's a whole packer about 12 lbs. I'm planning on seperating the flat and the point for storage unless you think I should do otherwise.

Here's how I do it for my customers.

1. Cook Brisket as you normally would
2. Cool, wrap in foil and or plastic wrap and refridgerate overnight.
3. Slice cold
4. Vacuum Seal
5. Place vacuum bag in boiling water for 30 minutes
6. Serve (if you want or need additional juice add a bit of beef stock w/lil' butter mixed in)

Flytyer said:
Thanks, Larry! How about if I plan to serve the whole brisket the next day (after reading my OP I realize that I did write "days" - my bad!)? Would you still reheat in bags? Would a roaster work? Again, thanks so much for the input!

I would still follow Larry's advise. (Did I say that?) You will have a moister product on reheat if you do it that way.

vacuum sealing and boiling is your best bet. I've reheated in foil pans in the oven with beef broth to prevent drying out

I might get shot for this, but if your serving it at home, I'd reheat in the microwave...Its always worked for me. Comes out nice and moist. Try a piece first and see if it works for you. Another favorite way for me is to make a beef broth, get it boiling hot and ladel it over the sliced brisket..Sort of like an a'jus.

john pen said:
I might get shot for this, but if your serving it at home, I'd reheat in the microwave...Its always worked for me. Comes out nice and moist. Try a piece first and see if it works for you. Another favorite way for me is to make a beef broth, get it boiling hot and ladel it over the sliced brisket..Sort of like an a'jus.

I've done that with chopped brisket, of course the chopped brisket is the scraps and do have a fair amount if fat in it and there is plenty of q sauce but never had a problem with it drying out.

Do you think you could do a brisket 'bath' with warm beef broth, kind of like a brat bath without making the brisket too mushy??

SteerCrazy said:
john pen said:
Do you think you could do a brisket 'bath' with warm beef broth, kind of like a brat bath without making the brisket too mushy??

Ive done that, but I put the meat in just before I serve it..If it boils in there, it'll break up .

Back
Top Bottom