Reheating ABT's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ABT stands for Atomic Buffalo Turd. #-o It's half a jalapeno pepper stuffed with cream cheese and some smoked pork or other, then wrapped with thin bacon and cooked on the grill or smoker. Here's a thread with several variations and lots of pics.

Also, here's a thread by John Pen. Make sure you check out his slideshow ~ Those are the best lookin' ABT's I've ever seen! =D>

well for me, I'm happy with just throwing a few in the microwave. The bacon may not be as crispy, but it doesn't take long to heat them that way.

If the bacon isn't all the way done, you could pop em in the oven,
or even indirect or in a pan on the grill.

me too John. I meant to add be careful about steaming them, or even
putting em in a pan that foiled...you'll really lose the bacons texture.

gonna try an idea Witt came up with...Having my brother in law over for breakfast in the am. Gonna make abt omlets. Were going to slice the abt's into sort of disks/rings and fold them into an egg, omlet style.

I think broiling would be preferable to baking, at least if they are on
a pan. The direct heat should get em up to temp without drying them out. Can't say for sure, but it seems logical.

Now maybe a better way here would be to nuke them first on a medium setting for a minute, that would help warm up the insides, them pop them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up! Now that sounds logical!

Captain Morgan said:
well for me, I'm happy with just throwing a few in the microwave. The bacon may not be as crispy, but it doesn't take long to heat them that way.

If the bacon isn't all the way done, you could pop em in the oven,
or even indirect or in a pan on the grill.
Microwave!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
in my best Irish Guinness accent 8-[

400 club!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom