Random act of kindness w/ Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I picked up 2 Butts today and in a random act of kindness I decided to smoke em up and I am going to bring them into work tonight for the fella’s. Here are some pics to this work in progress. They will be done just in time to wrap and hold in a cooler. I’ll pull them at work, sprinkle a little of the Swine Syndicate Rub-Out Rub, and mix with a mix on Cider Vinegar and Apple Juice. Serve with some of the Sauce I made today out of the Legends of Texas BBQ (with out the lard) and some Slaw my wife made up. We’ll be picking pig at 3:00 am.

http://img103.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 43qo9.smil

It’s 9:00 EST the butts internal is 180*, plan on eating at 2:30-3:00 am EST, Do I Wrap and Pack in a cooler now and let the temp come up in cooler , or wait till it reaches 190*? Then wrap and place in a cooler?

I'd get it up to 190º+ before I rested them. You can foil now and put back on the smoker or raise the pit temp or both. If there's an oven available at work, you can finish them there ~ It's gotten all the smoke it probably needs.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":2zxe7aop]50 ain't old, contrary to popular belief..... 8-[

If your only 48, then 50 is old! Truth be told....it's only a number! Your as old as you want to feel![/quote:2zxe7aop]
If your only 48, then 50 is old!
I agree with the rest of what you said butt, not this part. :!:

Well the boys at work enjoyed the pork. I took it off Buford at 195* and let it rest in cooler for 4 hrs than pulled it at work. I started with 2 seven pound butts. Nothing left. The best complement I got was from I guy who’s originally from down South said, “tastes just like back home Thanks manâ€

Random acts of kindness my ass! You are just like all the rest of us here who masquerade around cooking for folks because we are so "nice" when really we are seeking mucho compliments and EGO GRATIFICATION!!!!! Who do you think you are foolin here? Now, carry on! :!:

Woodman my intentions were pure. I have been know to pick up a 5lb bag of hot dogs to take in. The guys at work try to do a big cook out once a month it helps with morale. Besides whatever ego stroking that occurs must be taken with a grain of salt, I’m in Buffalo not exactly the BBQ capital of the world. If my chicken wings would have been praised then that would have done wonders for the ego. I guess Burnt Food Dude was right. No good deed goes unpunished.

Woodman said:
Random acts of kindness my ass! You are just like all the rest of us here who masquerade around cooking for folks because we are so "nice" when really we are seeking mucho compliments and EGO GRATIFICATION!!!!! Who do you think you are foolin here? Now, carry on! :!:

Yeah,................................ and so what?

diverdave said:
I think it's great to share. I had a question about your thermometer. In your pics, I noticed that the probe wires were coming out the front edge of lid. If the wire is touching the metal will it still give an accurate reading on the meat.
I haven't had any issues with an accurate reading, when I pull the meat off I check it with another independent thermometer, and the temp has been the same. I think its the probe placement that is important not the wires. Hope this answers your question.

wittdog said:
diverdave said:
I think it's great to share. I had a question about your thermometer. In your pics, I noticed that the probe wires were coming out the front edge of lid. If the wire is touching the metal will it still give an accurate reading on the meat.
I haven't had any issues with an accurate reading, when I pull the meat off I check it with another independent thermometer, and the temp has been the same. I think its the probe placement that is important not the wires. Hope this answers your question.
The only thing I would add is, don't pinch the wire. If you close your lid like Bobby Flay closes his, it's history. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom