Rainy Day Q and a stupid meat packer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Sunday dinner for the fam and our Realtor that help us find this house, and her fiancee. ABT's, Brisket, BB ribs, Q'd beans, slaw, Keiser rolls, O Rings, and soft cheeses for Z man sammies.
Been raining all day yesterday and since 5 this morning. :)
Dinner is a 5pm, so I get up a 5am and start prepping. I half did the beans yesterday .... I was doing some country style ribs (butt) on the kettle to use in the ABT filling, and then put the rest into the beans and threw the half pan of beans on the kettle and let them smoke indirectly low for 2 hours. (Buschs Original, diced onion, rotel w/ chiles, rub, and some Sweet Baby Rays).
I went to the butcher yesterday, who usually has packers with no problem. He was out ...not even a flat. :-(
I went to Hannfords and they wanted $3.59,:eek: but the Butcher took .20 off per pound since he didn't have to cut it. :grin: I said gimme the biggest one you got (they only have flats). He comes back with a whopping 6.05 lb "brisquito". :eek: :) #-o Oh, ... what the hell, I need a brisket right?

I start the fire in the WSM at 8am this morning and came in to start trimming the brisket and ... WTF? ... W... T... F ?!?!?!
There's a huge frickin slice in the flat! Damn near 3/4 inch deep ! ****** ! I'm not gunna spend 3 bucks in gas driving back to the store to show them something that they won't exchange anyway since it's already opened.... Plus I can just imagine what they would say ..."Whatcha doing cuttin it that way any waze? It dudn't matter when ya boil it, it'll all fall apart". :)
Ooohhhhmmmm... :eek:mm: :eek:mm: :eek:mm: It's Okay. There's only a couple slices that will be funky. I rub it anyway and throw it on.

Pisses me off.

Other than that things are going swimmingly. Brisket is at 167 and the ribs just got turned in the rack. They go into foil with pineapple juice in a hour.

P.S. k, who want's to be the smart guy and accuse me of screwing up with my Forschner?

Who died and made you the spelling sheriff?

Why don't you go sit in the supermarket so we can all know
you're the big cheese.

It turned out great, I could tell where the flaw was, but no one else cared. Of course there was plenty of livation, so that helped. I snapped a couple of pics but forgot to unload em onto the laptop to upload them at work. #-o
I'll put em up when I get home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom