Rack of Pork Saturday Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was a mix... the women seemed to like the Garlic herb, the guys liked the creole with the glaze.... the creole had a bit of a bite. But the women did say they liked the creole also. I made em all try each one.. I was lookin for opinions.

You should be able to get one at any decent supermarket though many will require advance notice. Though it's fairly easy to turn a loin into a rack (the chine is removed and the bones are frenched) some places need a day's notice to get one together and some require a week because they order one instead. Sometimes you'll see racks or crowns in the meat case around the holidays--especially New Year's.

These came from Costco. We have talked to the meat manager there and he says they will be carrying them through the holidays. I am seriously thinking of buying a couple of cases and freezing them. These were 2.99/lb. but well worth it. I cooked em for about 2 hours at 300-325. They didnt have a strong smoke flavor but that was ok. I think using cherry wood and cooking at a higher temp gave them just a hint of smoke and kept em juicy.

That's the easiest way to slice them. I do a rack or a crown every New Year's for people in Ga.; flavor-brine and a garlic-herbes de Provence paste rub, roasted garlic sauce. Love the creole and glaze idea. It would be too much for the Ga. people but there are others that I'm sure would love it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom