Racing Cliff's Brisket Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeeRich

Sous Chef
Well she's a nice day today. So the day before my birthday (hehe), I'm doing the following on my WSM 18 (she's packed!):

- full brisket, about 10 to 12 pounds
- 3 lamb shanks
- 2 pig hocks (never had these, might as well try)
- absolutely huge pork shoulder

- Apple smoke
- Injected
- will foil
- about 215°F

Pictures to follow.

At 3 hours (time for a nap):

bd_1.jpg

bd_2.jpg

bd_3.jpg

I'm aiming for 195. Most of this will be vacuumed and put into the freezer. They're semi-foiled now with a bit of misted apple cider.

Ya I can see it. I think I'm eating ET's head now. The hocks were ok...my first time having them. They'd do better in boiling water. Lamb shanks are cracker. Brilliant! Brisket about to come off in next 30 minutes, I predict. Then wrap it up.

Looks great so far Rich. Now is there a butt under the brisket? If there is how come the butt aint on top? Thanks.

bigwheel

Why thank you. I like to keep it dusted.

The brisket, btw, came out nice. I might change the injection, but she ain't dry at all. Pictures to follow, probably tomorrow.

OK, I have my pants on.

Pork turned out absolutely fantastic. Brisket could use some input. Injecting and wrapping (partial, as you can see) did the trick. This shoulder was absolutely massive. I'd like to keep the size up, but render as much. That I think takes time at high temperatures. So I might insert a 2 hour rest. The pork took almost 16 hours to get up to speed, as the fuel ran out twice. Took up to 195, left under a couple towels til morning.

Enjoy!

bd2_01.png

bd2_02.png

bd2_03.png

bd2_04.png

bd2_05.png

bd2_06.png

bd2_07.png

bd2_08.png

bd2_09.png

bd2_10.png

bd2_11.png