Quick Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I am holding 2 8lb butts in a cooler right now for a lunch tomorrow...I am going to pull them after a bit and then put them in aluminum pans...mix one with sauce and one I am leaving "neeked"...cover with aluminum foil and then to the fridge overnight.

I reheat at 250 tomorrow for a half hour or so until hot? Thanks and if you have any tips please include them! :!:

I would also wait to sauce for an additional reason, the acid in the sauce will react with the alum pan and foil giving you an off flavor.
Jim

Greg, not sure how you do your butts, but I inject mine with a vinegar mixture, and for that reason, I don't like to store them in aluminum pans.
I know using food saver bags could be expensive for a one day hold, but if you already have some vinegar in your meat, try laying the pan with plastic wrap or something like that to keep the aluminum from changing the taste.

Try storing in a glass Pyrex bowl or dish, you can re-heat in the oven with this also! If you really want a great solution, bring it to me, I'll store it and re-heat it for you!

Greg, I've done exactly what you're doing several times with great results IMO. I pulled the meat, and tossed in a bit of rub and apple juice, covered tightly and refridgerated overnight. Then reheated in the oven the following day. Once it's warm toss in the sauce of your choice. If you toss in the sauce the day before, IMO the Q becomes "soupy" and doesn't hold it's texture.

Got everyting in the fridge now...will toss one with sauce tomorrow after re-heating it and leave the other el fresco. I will also add some AJ to maintain moisture!

Thanks for the help guys! :!:

You to Dave! :D

Greg Rempe said:
Got everyting in the fridge now...will toss one with sauce tomorrow after re-heating it and leave the other el fresco. I will also add some AJ to maintain moisture!

Is this a hybrid of Mexican and Italian type cooking...el outside-o! :dunno: :dunno:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom