Pulled Pork sauces....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rev.Jr.

Senior Cook
It has been my experience that folks enjoy a sauce that is a combination of both the vinegar based AND the mustard based sauces. Mop with it or serve it on the side, whatever you feel comfortable doing. One that I have found that is very unique is...Reverend Marvin's Gourmet BBQ Sauce! Sorry, took a page right out of Fatz' book on self promotion there. Couldn't resist. As Fatz will attest...pimpin' ain't easy.

Rev.Jr. said:
It has been my experience that folks enjoy a sauce that is a combination of both the vinegar based AND the mustard based sauces. Mop with it or serve it on the side, whatever you feel comfortable doing. One that I have found that is very unique is...Reverend Marvin's Gourmet BBQ Sauce! Sorry, took a page right out of Fatz' book on self promotion there. Couldn't resist. As Fatz will attest...pimpin' ain't easy.

Damn Rev. Just when we thought you were different. #-o
But good marketing move. Right out of left field. =D>
Rev, when you coming down and letting me buy you lunch?

Scott's is a good example of a eastern NC style sauce. Scott's Home Page

Rev Marvin's is a good example of a SC style sauce.

Have fun with it Cruising. Divide the pulled pork into groups and try different types of sauces on them. Find what you your friends and your family like. And don't forget the slaw!

By the way Rev, I used your hot on thighs last week, and basted again right before taking em off the grill.

Those things were so hot I had to take 2 breaks just to finish 4 thighs!
Next time I'll baste just a little sooner, I think cooking a little more will cool it out a little more.

Hey Capt.- by my Jethro Bodine sipherin'...4 thighs + 2 breaks= 1 six pack gone! Just trying to help out my beer drinking brothers with the Hot version. Like y'all need inspiration!lol

Rev.Jr. said:
Hey Capt.- by my Jethro Bodine sipherin'...4 thighs + 2 breaks= 1 six pack gone! Just trying to help out my beer drinking brothers with the Hot version. Like y'all need inspiration!lol

I would not admit, even in court, my total number of beers that night. Let's just say after eating, it was more than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom