pulled pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Should I use bone in or no bone pork shoulder? I havent really looked but I was at walmart last night and all I saw was about a 2 lb boneless shoulder.

Bone in!!!!!!!!!!!

It will stay together during the cook....bone out will fall apart...or, you will need to tie it up with butcher string before starting the cook! ;)

Greg Rempe said:
Bone in!!!!!!!!!!!

It will stay together during the cook....bone out will fall apart...or, you will need to tie it up with butcher string before starting the cook! ;)

Ditto!

Plus the bone will aid in moisture as well as a natural thermometer to tell you when it's done!

I do either and cannot tell any difference when done.

Oops, ETA. From Wal Mart it's probably enhanced, I do not like those dudes.

If they both in the cryo and the price difference is less than .20 cents a lb. grab the boneless model. If it mo than .20 grab the bone in model. If it in the butchers Saran Wrap dont buy it at all. No telling how long they had it or where its been. One outlaw place down here busts them outta the bag cuts them half in two and puts them in saran with the boneless half higher than the bone in half. That just aint right or good hygeine. I found a big long hair in it one time. Knew it wasnt mine immediately.

bigwheel

Bone in is better in all respects. However, if the choice is between boned out and McDonald's, go with the pork.

Love2<º((((>< said:
Should I use bone in or no bone pork shoulder? I havent really looked but I was at walmart last night and all I saw was about a 2 lb boneless shoulder.
You sure that wasnt a pork chop? [smilie=a_bigteeth.gif] Bone in!!

Well that be just fine. Now like the man say the old bone pulling trick comes in mighty handy as to when they have cooked themselfs. Just need to rely mo on your gauge and the poke test. Now dont know about this rolling up stuff. Looks like that give a person too much Mrs. White and not enough of Mista Brown. Everybody loves Mr. Brown ya know? I liable to complain on this deal:)

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom