Pulled chicken questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

txpgapro

Sous Chef
I use Fatz Pig Powder exclusively on all chicken I do. I smoke it using pecan, peach, mesquite or hickory first for about an hour in my vertical upright (180-200*) then move to the hotest part of the offset. I mop with Miguel Carlos BBQ & Mop Sauce, turning constantly and continue mopping several times until chicken is done. AWESOME!

Yep--looks good, Brando.

Just a suggestion: Next time rub a couple or three skin-on, unbrined chicken wings as well (if you're using a commercial sauce skip the salt on the wings) and cook them with the rest of the chicken. Pull them when the skin and rub look nicely colored and stick them in a pot with your sauce. Simmer the sauce, covered, till just before serving time--the rubbed chicken will have added its flavors to the sauce helping to tie it to the chicken quarters better. Remove the wings from the sauce and add a few drops of fresh lemon juice which will help restore some brightness often missing from many commercial (and thus overcooked) sauces.

K Kruger said:
Yep--looks good, Brando.

Just a suggestion: Next time rub a couple or three skin-on, unbrined chicken wings as well (if you're using a commercial sauce skip the salt on the wings) and cook them with the rest of the chicken. Pull them when the skin and rub look nicely colored and stick them in a pot with your sauce. Simmer the sauce, covered, till just before serving time--the rubbed chicken will have added its flavors to the sauce helping to tie it to the chicken quarters better. Remove the wings from the sauce and add a few drops of fresh lemon juice which will help restore some brightness often missing from many commercial (and thus overcooked) sauces.

Kevin is great for helping bring us to the next level! I gotta try this, Thanks Kevin!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom