Pulled Chicken Quesadillas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I had one last bag of pulled chicken and one of chuck left in the freezer. I decided to do some chicken quesadillas. Spread the pulled chicken (that had been smoked over hickory, rubbed with WRO and sauced with SBR's and vacuum sealed several months ago) onto some corn tortillas and sprinkeld liberally with Mexi cheese. Then put into a non-stick pan with a little on for about 3 minutes on each side. Topped with a spicy Peach Salsa. Turned out great, now all I need to do is make more pulled chicken!!!!

Greg Rempe said:
How are you making the pulled chicken exactly?

Smoke whole chickens, chicken halves or leg quarters until they hit 165*. Not much point in seasoning the chicken at this point cause the skin is gonna be tossed. Pull the chicken apart and off the bone, into chunks or you can shred it. In a grill/oven safe pan, toss the meat with your favorite BBQ rub and your favorite BBQ sauce. Cover with foil and cook for approximately 45 minutes.

I had a customer that didn't eat pork ask me if I could make pulled chicken a couple years ago. I had never really had a desire to have pulled chicken. But I made it for him and him and his wife and family loved it. I still wasn't crazy about it, but it really grew on me. Definitely a healthier alternative to pork and beef though.

One note. When making pulled chicken, there's alot of waste from the bones and skin. So say you cook a 5lb chicken, you're not gonna get 5lbs of meat. More like about a lb and a half of edible meat.

I'd eat that! I have done those a few times since Lary first posted that a while back and it's always good. Nice break from pork & beef.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":n94g7wzr]How are you making the pulled chicken exactly?

Smoke whole chickens, chicken halves or leg quarters until they hit 165*. Not much point in seasoning the chicken at this point cause the skin is gonna be tossed. Pull the chicken apart and off the bone, into chunks or you can shred it. In a grill/oven safe pan, toss the meat with your favorite BBQ rub and your favorite BBQ sauce. Cover with foil and cook for approximately 45 minutes.

I had a customer that didn't eat pork ask me if I could make pulled chicken a couple years ago. I had never really had a desire to have pulled chicken. But I made it for him and him and his wife and family loved it. I still wasn't crazy about it, but it really grew on me. Definitely a healthier alternative to pork and beef though.

One note. When making pulled chicken, there's a lot of waste from the bones and skin. So say you cook a 5lb chicken, you're not gonna get 5lbs of meat. More like about a lb and a half of edible meat.[/quote:n94g7wzr]

Instead of tossing the skin, you can cut it into julienne(sp) strips. and saute until its crispy like bacon bits, then mix it back in with the chicken. This idea came from Chez over on the BBQ forum. I tried it, and its really good.
The smell is incredible when frying the skins up. Brian

Brian in Maine said:
Instead of tossing the skin, you can cut it into julienne(sp) strips. and saute until its crispy like bacon bits, then mix it back in with the chicken. This idea came from Chez over on some other forum. I tried it, and its really good.
The smell is incredible when frying the skins up. Brian
Umm I think you meant to say Cappy and Not Chez. :LOL:

BTW I'm a skin frier from way back. ;)

Back
Top Bottom