Preparing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Just bought:

2 cases of Bush's Beans
20 large foil pans and lids
20 small foil pans and lids
24 cans of Rotel tomatoes and chiles
20 lbs Brown Sugar
Ordered 18 butts
50 lbs of Chicken thighs

I have about 3 gallons of sauce cooking on the stove in one of my 24 qt stock pots. I will be cooking three weekends in a row starting next Friday. I'll need the same amount of meet the following week. Chicken out/ brisket in the following week!Going to be some fun!! :!:

At least you not paying for any more green fees. I just drove over to Clifton to check out the cook-off. I'm done! Now I really got to get me a mobile pit.

I'm getting free golf because I feed em BBQ! I shot a career best 38 on the backside last Sunday! (46 on the front though :) ) Wood Tiger

Woodman, You try BBQinFLA baked bean receipe? Man they are awesome! What about my BBQ & mop sauce? It's on the thick and sweet side with a little mexican kick.

Woodman said:
Just bought:

2 cases of Bush's Beans
20 large foil pans and lids
20 small foil pans and lids
24 cans of Rotel tomatoes and chiles
20 lbs Brown Sugar
Ordered 18 butts
50 lbs of Chicken thighs

I have about 3 gallons of sauce cooking on the stove in one of my 24 qt stock pots. I will be cooking three weekends in a row starting next Friday. I'll need the same amount of meet the following week. Chicken out/ brisket in the following week!Going to be some fun!! :!:

Have you considered putting a drive through window at your house? :grin:

txpgapro said:
Woodman, You try BBQinFLA baked bean receipe? Man they are awesome! What about my BBQ & mop sauce? It's on the thick and sweet side with a little mexican kick.

where is that recipe? is it listed in our sides section?

Woody: Do you have a contract for the customers sign on delivery? Just wondering because I just had a episode with a customer. I was prepared. My contract states that at drop offs the sides and meat is temped and the customer acknowledges that the food is hot and sides are cold to specific temp. ranges stated on the contract. Here is where the customer flipped. It's 65 out and raining. They have Mac, tater salad, Beans and pulled pork for 250 people. They say to me " I cant keep all this food hot or cold" They didn't want to pay the $150.00 for the on site in the first place. So guess what? Now there going to pay $35.00 every hour I'm there. (its in the contract and signed) Just a little heads up for you. Get it all in a contract. That way if you end up in court you have it in black and white. I keep the original for myself and give a copy to the customer. They can't fudge any thing on the copy then because you have a ink sighed filled out copy! I hate a-hole caters like this. Keep your fingers crossed I get paid. Hope I don't have to call the cops. :eek: Been there, Done that :)

Kloset, getting about 15 city mpg!

Pigs, I cook everything on site. This is really a part time dalliance for me! I have a contract, but it does not specify temps as I am responsible for cooking, holding, and serving. I do not have a kitchen, so I go on a "per job" basis with the health dept. The catch is, all food has to be prepared on site. In Ohio, you need a permit if the individuals are paying a fee for the meal as in a class reunion, bowling banquet, etc. If one individual , or entity, is picking up the tab alone you do not need any permit, as in a grad party or company picnic. You can also do a one day , or "duration of event" permit for vending and selling direct to the public. So, I cannot deliver pre=prepared food to an event (legally!)

Kloset, took the words right out of my mouth. Greg, still eating leftovers I suppose? Man, that was a lot of food. Next time we need more drinking and less seriousness.

Leftovers get pitched! I cannot be responsible for the guy who puts 20 chicken thighs in his trunk and goes back to the party only to remember the next morning that they are in his trunk!

Back
Top Bottom