Pre-Father's Day Brisket on the WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
So yesterday I was downtown and picked up some briskets and some chuck short ribs. I woke up this morning and was having a cup of Kona coffee when it hit me; "Hey Let's Smoke a Brisket Today" :D

I threw a rub together and got the WSM going. The brisket went on at 8:20am and was done at 4:30 (193*); I then went to take a quick nap :mrgreen: for about 45 minutes while the brisket rested in the ice chest.

What was really funny; was my 15 year old son had some friends over (4 of them, they are each about 6ft2" to 6ft4" and weight about 250 lbs each) to go swimming and play Black-Ops. My wife picked up some hot dogs for them to cook. They smelt the brisket cooking and would not touch the hot dogs; they wanted brisket sandwiches. They ate almost the whole brisket and then asked to take some home with them to have as snack on their way home.

My lovely wife went and picked up some rolls for us to make some sandwiches for dinner :D

When I sliced the meat is was the perfect texture with a slight stretchiness to it (but not rubbery); I then topped it with onion, yellow heirloom tomato and SBR sauce. :D

The sliced pictres don't do it justice as the color was spectacular with a great smoke ring :(

Wonderful, looks fantastic !
So, you did a whole brisket in 8 hours, what temp did you cook it at ?

BTW, my grandson is two days away from turning 15, he's also 6'2 and weighs in at 240( he's on the high school football team :D ), it's a lot of fun having him and his buddies hang out at my house for a weekend, but boy do they eat ! LOL

friesian_rain said:

BTW, my grandson is two days away from turning 15, he's also 6'2 and weighs in at 240( he's on the high school football team :D ), it's a lot of fun having him and his buddies hang out at my house for a weekend, but boy do they eat ! LOL
I cooked it at 235* (with the water basin 3/4 full) :D

TimBear said:
friesian_rain said:

I cooked it at 235* (with the water basin 3/4 full) :D

Thanks Tim, I just like to compare notes :D :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom