Practice chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I been doing some serious tinking on dis dielemma. Looking at the racks as a whole only a partial section of the racks had the meat pulled back. In light of the temps involved I have become convinced the young man was cooking on one of them R2D2 type water smokers and part of the racks protruted past or real close to the edge of the water pan. Them bones that stuck out too far got zapped. Them that was sheltered mo toward the inward parts come out all right. It the old part of the hot air not being delivered from the top which cuz the problemo.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I been doing some serious tinking on dis dielemma. Looking at the racks as a whole only a partial section of the racks had the meat pulled back. In light of the temps involved I have become convinced the young man was cooking on one of them R2D2 type water smokers and part of the racks protruted past or real close to the edge of the water pan. Them bones that stuck out too far got zapped. Them that was sheltered mo toward the inward parts come out all right. It the old part of the hot air not being delivered from the top which cuz the problemo.

bigwheel
BW
I cooked them on my Chubby Backwoods Smoker. I have the heat diverter and the water pan in place so the heat has to travel up the inside walls and enter through the top and back out in the bottom to get to the smoke stack. Thus the heat entering from the top.

They pulled back a little due to wrapping them for about an hour to get them tender. I usually cook them until I like the color, then wrap to get them tender, then unwrap and sauce/glaze to finish.

Ahh ok. We can blame the old Noo Yawk crutch on that one:) You certainly have good taste in pits. I love them BWS's. Think I would love a Stumps if I ever happen to meet one. That gravity fed charcoal tube is just too kewlish to resist. Surprised that old backwoods cajun who makes WSM's aint jumped on that band wagon. Maybe it dont work worth a caca. Who knows? Now when you show these practice comp pics assumed you was looking on input to help win. Now do realize some folks engage in such endeavors looking to get their egos stroked. Which do you prefer? I can swing either way. Let me know.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Ahh ok. We can blame the old Noo Yawk crutch on that one:) You certainly have good taste in pits. I love them BWS's. Think I would love a Stumps if I ever happen to meet one. That gravity fed charcoal tube is just too kewlish to resist. Surprised that old backwoods cajun who makes WSM's aint jumped on that band wagon. Maybe it dont work worth a caca. Who knows? Now when you show these practice comp pics assumed you was looking on input to help win. Now do realize some folks engage in such endeavors looking to get their egos stroked. Which do you prefer? I can swing either way. Let me know.

bigwheel
I'm looking for every tip I can get BW.

Ok Ron. Thought thats whut you were seeking but wasnt total sure. I have been wrong in the past on this issue..kick kick. In fact when we first started comp cooking somebody rush up and try to get me to taste something and give an opinyawn about it I tell them whut I thought. If it tasted like sheet I tell em. Then invariably they sull up and start wanting to argue about how good it is..whut a bad set of taste buds I have etc. I learnt right quick to brag on everything which I think is still a good plan unless somebody gets down on their hands and knees and begs you to tell them the truth. Had a fella do that one time. He had some good ribs just looking for a hint to improve em a bit. Now he has the best ribs in the world and is a rich fella.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom