Pork, poppers, picking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helen_Paradise

Head Chef
Saturday I cooked some ABTs (what's left of them in the pic) and 2 shoulders. Nothing special or exciting. I finally found a recipe for ABTs that's just right. Then I made two vinegar sauces for the pork, one by Paul Kirk and the other from the Barbecue Bible. Absolutely hated the BB one. Def something new and interesting to the palate for me. Both shoulders were rubbed with Wolfe Rub. For desert, some freshly picked blueberries from a farm nearby. Good stuff.

Finney said:
Sorry about the sauce. Which recipe was it?

The one I liked was from Paul Kirk's Champ BBQ. Stevie's had sliced onion and jalapeño in it. It just didn't taste "right". Kirk's had the heat I was looking for though. Do you have a recipe?

Captain Morgan said:
Steve is my last choice for a recipe.

Well.... it was what I had at the time :( I searched the site, but only found one with ingredients I didn't have. *shrugs*

Nick Prochilo said:
Helen, how about the abt recipe that you liked?

2 pounds of jalapeños
1 bar of cream cheese
1/3 package of lil smokies, diced or something
1 package bacon
Wolfe Rub to sprinkle

Cream cheese and smokies were mixed in a bowl. Prepped the peppers, stuffed, wrapped with half slice of bacon, sprinkle with WR.

The only other time I made ABTs... I followed the recipe that was posted a lot everywhere. It was too rich for me. I hate them. I make poppers with bacon, chicken, and jalapeños, skewer and "grill". I like them better.

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Green Hornet":1qyuj6f9]I agree with Puff! Very nice indeed.
What did you do with the blueberries though?

Pick, wash, and eat.[/quote:1qyuj6f9]
I figured it would be some fancy cobbler thingy :oops:
There is a recipe even I can follow without screwing it up..too much :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom