Pork Loin on Gas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokemaster

Senior Cook
Decided to try something different today, smoke a pork loin on my gas grill. I used some hickory chips and smoked at 240F.

I found a recipe that sounded good for a sauce but it came out terrible :shock: It was too sour. I tried to fix it but it was too far gone.

After 3hrs internal temp 150. I brushed a little on a piece of the loin and I'm waiting to see how it'll taste on the meat.

There's a little smoke ring

Got it resting now.

Well it sure looks good. Last one I done on the gasser gave it about a 4 hr. marinate in a mixture of Kraft 7 Seas Viva Eyetalian Dressing mix 50/50 with Kikkoman Terriyaki sauce and dusted it off with Headcountry All Purpose rub. Cooked it slow direct till 145. Took about 30 mins per side. Pulled it at 145 internal. That thing tasted so good it make you want to slap somebody's mama.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well it sure looks good. Last one I done on the gasser gave it about a 4 hr. marinate in a mixture of Kraft 7 Seas Viva Eyetalian Dressing mix 50/50 with Kikkoman Terriyaki sauce and dusted it off with Headcountry All Purpose rub. Cooked it slow direct till 145. Took about 30 mins per side. Pulled it at 145 internal. That thing tasted so good it make you want to slap somebody's mama.

bigwheel

img_105433_0_73ee7da5100b82bbcc0423e2e9ebda47.jpg

I was surprised how moist the meat was when cooked in the gasser. Maybe the water pan helped. The piece with the sauce was sour. I've thrown that recipe away. The other piece was great. Not as smokey as I usually like but good none the less. Next time I'll add more hickory.

Try adding some charcoal briquetts at the begining of the gasser cook with wood. You will get a nicer smoke ring

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom