pork crown roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I haven't yet.. I would like to give it a shot though.. Keep us posted!!!
PS:.. Check the tracking number on the gift.. Still no show... :?:

brian j said:
surfinsapo said:
I haven't yet.. I would like to give it a shot though.. Keep us posted!!!
PS:.. Check the tracking number on the gift.. Still no show... :?:
i just looked at the website this morning. it shipped 12/10 and said it should have been delivered on thursday. let me call and see what's going on.
thx :D

I have done the straight rack but never crowned... I did them on the Lang at 300-325 til they hit 145... I didn't brine but that would help keep them juicy.

I have rubbed them with a swet pork rub and then glazed at the end and have also done a herb rub and both work nice.

if you are going to serve with a stuffing inside.. I would suggest making a stuffing with apples in it ... the pork will pair nicely with the apple flavor... If you plan on adding a glaze to the pork during the last 10 or so minutes of cooking get some apple cider in it along with some apple brandy..

serve with a semi-dry Reisling

brian j said:
i'm cooking one of these for christmas. anyone ever cooked one on a wsm? i'm going to brine overnight and then cook at ~ 325 - 350f.

That should work fine Brian. Thats the temp you would cook it in the oven at. I like the idea of brining, that should help keep it nice and moist!

brian j said:
thanks i think i'm going to use a basic apple juice brine like i'd use for turkey and cook a apple/toasted pecan stuffing separately but served inside roast.

gary - i like your idea of a glaze. the plan is still coming together. now i have to some how communicate what i want to the glorified box opener in my local meat department. :?

you may have to get the rack (or two) and cut and tie them yourself

That's gonna be good eating Brian!! What time should I arrrive? I'll bring the Sierra Nevada!

Back
Top Bottom