Pork back ribs: what did I do wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess these will do.

Attachments

• 20130811181128.jpg
    20130811181128.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 20130811181843.jpg
    20130811181843.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 259
My 2 cents-
U under cooked them. I also like to cook baby backs a little hotter @275 deg.

Boozer- U don't ever hear of many people temping ribs.
I'd be interested in seeing some pics, and description
of the process u use for ribs. And the reasons why u like to do
them that way. :)
MI, I had to stop eating for, like 15 seconds to take these last pics, just for you!:D

Looks like your getting some good advice here. Would skip the soaking and spraying. Only possible application for apple juice as it pertains to ribs is mix about a cup with 3 heaping Tablespoons of brown sugar as the moistening liquid when and if they get wrapped in the typical 3-2-1 strategy. That be per rack. Soaking and squirting with cold apple juice slows down or stops the cooking..washes of the spices and bark..lets your heat out from fanning the lid and all kinds of bad stuff like that.
Yeah what he and most of the others said (on the first page), except that I'll modify the 3-2-1 to about 2.5-1-1 since I overcook mine using 3-2-1, but whatever works best. You'll need to experiment to find what works for you.

I've never cooked to temperature with ribs, Takes too long to find a place to stick the probe with all the bones and fat-pockets. Nick's method works bestest. Pick up the ribs by the center and let the ends hang down. When the ribs bend well and the meat begins to crack they're done. If the rack splits, they're too done and if they go much longer, the bones will fall out of the rack.

There is some wild and crazy folks who have showed up on here lately. I will give a hundred bucks for a Thermapen? When Mr. Sig is hot and empty.

Really, I'm the only one who temps ribs huh? Well, I'm going to keep doing it, I've been doing that way for years and it works for me. I thought lots of people did it, didn't realize I was giving away my big secret! From now on, If anyone asks how long I cook my ribs, I will just say "Until they're done." hah!

Really, I'm the only one who temps ribs huh? Well, I'm going to keep doing it, I've been doing that way for years and it works for me. I thought lots of people did it, didn't realize I was giving away my big secret! From now on, If anyone asks how long I cook my ribs, I will just say "Until they're done." hah!

It's like the hokie pokie, That's what it's all about! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom