Pork and Turkey Ala Big E

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Visiting the "Inlaws" this coming Saturday. Doing a 15lb turkey and 1/2 a pork loin to take up. Both have been brined over night in Apple juice brine and I sprinkled some "BIG E" powder on them. Thanks again for the rub buddy. ;)

007bond-jb said:
Looks great Bill. How bout the brine recipe?

2qts apple juice
1c brown sugar
1c kosher salt
1tb crushed garlic
1ts crushed ginger
15 whole cloves
1 bay leaf
2 oranges

heat the juice, add the everything but the organes. disolve the sugar and salt. let it come to room temp. squeeze the oranges into the mix and add the orange. in a 5gal bucket cover the turkey with the mix, adding water if needed. cover with ice and into the fridge.

looks good bill, the last pork loin I did I cured it and smoked it. That brine is worth doin, great color on the pork

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="007bond-jb":14aqtttt]Looks great Bill. How bout the brine recipe?

2qts apple juice
1c brown sugar
1c kosher salt
1tb crushed garlic
1ts crushed ginger
15 whole cloves
1 bay leaf
2 oranges

heat the juice, add the everything but the organes. disolve the sugar and salt. let it come to room temp. squeeze the oranges into the mix and add the orange. in a 5gal bucket cover the turkey with the mix, adding water if needed. cover with ice and into the fridge.[/quote:14aqtttt]

Thats the same brine I used on my Christmas turkey. It adds a real subtle taste to the meat, an excellent choice! Great pics Bill, thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom