Poor Attempt at the Cowgirl's Fatty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Several days ago I posted a fatty I saw on Cowgirl's Country Life blog http://tinyurl.com/yfukop2. It looked easy enough,
but nooooo if it were easy everyone would be doing it. Mine tastes great, but sure does not look anything like hers. Two
things I did learn was using the 1 gallon zip bag to roll out the sausage and the cookie shooter I bought for stuffing ABT's
works well to form the filling. This was only my second attempt at a fatty, so I can look forward to many more attempts.

Another finding was hot sausage, the only one I could find when I made this was Tennessee Pride .... This is hotter than
JD or BE, but good. I stuffer this one with red and green peppers, corned beef hash and some extra potatoes. I used
Smithfield extra thick bacon, good bacon, but did not make the greatest weave.

I am embarrassed, but here are my pictures.

Oh that's a Bacon Explosion. I made one of those 1 week before the Saints taught the Colts a lesson. Mine had crispy bacon on inside, 2 brats, 2 pounds of ground pork, and a bacon wrap. Zats & Wolfe's throughout. A bit much though.

Looks good to me bbquzz. No reason to be embarrased by that fattie. Send it my way and I'll dispose of it for you. :D

bbquzz, whatever you do, don't eat that damn thing! Send that sucker to me and I'll be the guenea pig to make sure it is worth eating. I don't think you should even smell it.

Just got a suggestion over on Face Book to slice a Krispy Kream and put a slice of the fatty in there ... I think it was a joke, but it sounds too good to pass up, I'm going to try it :D

I live in southern Illinois and a minor league ball team here serves hamburgers on a split Crispy Kreme.Ummmmm ummmmmmm good

Looks good. I have used ground chuck in the form of meatloaf which would seem to be a fatty with a funny shape. Works good. Finished product would not be as firm textured as the sausage is about the only difference I can envision. Maybe a little mo crumbly. Add an egg.

bigwheel

Is the bacon weave as difficult to do as it looks? Is there a video somewhere on how to make one of these works of art?
Thanks,
Hal

Thanks for the words of encouragement Jeanie, for only my second attempt it was ok, but I'll reference your post and try again .. It is tough to have to eat my practice fatties :LOL: Love your blog, keep the ideas coming.

bbquzz said:
Thanks for the words of encouragement Jeanie, for only my second attempt it was ok, but I'll reference your post and try again .. It is tough to have to eat my practice fatties :LOL: Love your blog, keep the ideas coming.

It looks good Buzz, I bet it was really tasty! Thanks for checking out my blog. I appreciate that. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom