Pizza Peel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef

Any one else think this may be handy for removing product from the pit at a large scale cook? It works great for me! It's like a huge spatula. :D
It's aluminum with a wood handle.

Yeppers bet that come in real handy for cetain applications. Think I nearly bought one one time. That designed for pizzer tending aint it?

bigwheel

Hey Jim..thanks for the true scoop on them thangs. Think I see an emerging market here for somebody who could retrofit em to slide up under a brisket and bring it to papa. Headed off to the laboratory as we speak:)

bigwheel

6201297.jpg

;)

--John 8)

Ive got a set of these plastic "bear claws". There excelent for shredding but no so good for moving a tender cooked piece of meat.

My local wholesaler has thos pizza things pretty cheap. I think that would work for going from the grate to the pan. Probably not any better than sliding a cookie sheet under, but nothin' wrong with another gadget !!

I just use my hands, never had any problems with them. When I cook a bunch of butts I put on thicker gloves but for just a few the regular gloves work fine.

I got a huge flipper and tongs from Chicago cuttlery (all in a pretty walnut carring trunk). I can take a 20 turkey off with those things. The tongs can double as a pry bar! Too big for most applications around the smoker but the skewers work great on the gasser. Also has a pigsticker type fork that resembles a weapon more than it does a tool. Could put a hole in a steelbelted radial from the tread face!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom