Pit Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Gonna do "Pit Beef" tomorrow. Bought a 5lb top round roast today, gonna grill it to a med. rare tomorrow. Rubbed it tonight and will let it sit until tomorrow afternoon and the slice thin on kaiser rolls with horseradish sauce, and paper thin sliced onions. I'll post pics in the morning!

Here's the roast getting ready for the grill tomorrow. Rubbed with a bit of my own concoction of seasonings.

Chris Finney said:
Make sure you add the finish pictures. Can't wait. =P~

I eat this stuff everytime I go to an Orioles game and everytime I go to Ocean City. I was reading through BBQ USA and saw it and said "Wow, that's whats for dinner"! Haven't decided if I am doing it on the WSM or the Gasser. I was reading the guy that is famous for this just recently switched to gas from charcoal and nobody could tell the difference. I'll post pics of the process regardless of how I end up cooking it! If I do gas, I'll have to provide a video just to upsete Tex!!! 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Looks good Larry, can't wait to see the other pics. I've gotta a few steaks, 2 rib eys, 2 sirloin and 2 flank. Couple of chicken thighs and I'm good to go for an early dinner before my daughter has to leave for school. Just lit the lump a couple of minutes ago.

Captain Morgan said:
Help! Not familiar with pit beef....is it anything like philly cheese steak meat?

Cappy it's not like a cheese steak, it's more like a roast beef sammich. Getting ready to light up the grill now, I'll have some pics shortly.

Here we go, and I've got to say it was well worthwhile! Very tender, moist and delicious! I cut it as thin as I could without a meat slicer. I made some horseradish sauce and paper thin sliced onions on the sandwich!

Niagara River Smoker said:
I'll be right over for leftovers!! :(

You better drive fast, my older one is on her 3rd plate!! This is absolutely one of my best cooks!

Drive hell! I'm flyin'!!
1.gif

Griff, yeah I grilled it on the top grate with no water pan over lump and I threw in 2 chunks of hickory.

Nick,
I have two, one 18 and one 3.

Back
Top Bottom