Pig's on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Free sounds like a perfect price! ;)

What did it do...try and cross the road in front of you?

I am trying to upload the pics to blogspot - can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Day went great and we have about 1 lb of pork left. I learned that the way I oriented the hog in the pit made it impossible to get the whole hog cooked like I would have wanted. For those of you familiar with off-sets you know how worthless the lower part of the chamber is for cooking. Because I took the main grates out most of the hog was sitting in the lower part of the chamber. It was too big to flip during the cook so we cooked what we could and had to deal with hams than never reached more than 150*

Next time - and there will be a next time - I'll stick to 80 lb or smaller hogs!

It was a lot of fun and the Horizon hummed at 230* for the entire night. I am really loving that cooker - especially as I find out what it can and cannot do!

Nice try Monty. I always want to try cooking one hanging in the upright..water pan and fire directly beneath. Dont think it would even be required to swap ends with it. I just cook him snout down the whole time. Make a little reflector out of Sams pan to cover his buttocks and reflect a few combustion products back down on the hawg hiney afore exiting the stack. Feed the trotters to the dawgs or throw them in a pot o pintos. That should work. Smart thinning their Senor Queeks Draw :)

bigwheel

PS..now for them who aint got big uprights on their offsets or in a separate scenario...no need to read this of course:)

Like your tag line there Sapo. Ain't seen that one since Junior High Football. How about.."When the going gets tough..the tough get going." That was always real inspirational for me. Now my dearly departed DIL had a good one too..he always liked to say "You can't win em all if you lose that first one." Guess it perfectly logical but not very uplifting for some reason.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom