PIG ROAST PICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey_Joe

Head Chef
Having a "Welcome Home/Congratulations/Birthday Party" for our 19 year old daughter that just graduated Boot Camp and AIT Quarter Master School for the Army.

Doing a whole pig, about 60 chicken thighs, 6 lbs. of hot dogs and tons of sides....expecting a few people...LOL Just put the pig on at about 10:15 P.M.

I'll have pics but probably won't post them till Sunday......wish me luck!!!!!! :D

In for a quick morning shower... pig is doing well. It rode at about 215-225 consistantly all night. Would have hated to be my neighbors smelling that blow in thier bedroom windows all night long.... :LOL:

Dittos Joe. Know your going to have a great feed and big thanks to your daughter for her service to our country.

bigwheel

Sounds like a good feast for a good cause! Send my thanks to your daughter for her sevice!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
Sounds like a good feast for a good cause! Send my thanks to your daughter for her sevice!!!
What he said. And kudos to her dad for doing it up right! :D

--John 8)
(Not having anythiing bigger than a 22 1/2" kettle to cook on is my excuse for not doing a whole pig. :shock: )

Here ya'll go.........and thanks for the well wishes!

First let me apologize for not getting pics of the plated food and everything else...after my pig duties were done.........my more serious beer duties began! ;) I did all the chicken like planned, hardly any was eaten....but everyone took some home. I also did 48 ABT's(96 halves)... there was a bunch left till about 9:30 or so when the games of horse-shoes really began to get in swing and the rest of the ABT's were GONE! Even people who don't usually eat spicy things can't stop eating them :LOL:

THE PIGGY

MY HELPER DIDN'T MAKE IT ALL NIGHT

MORNING COMES

SMOKE IN THE SUNRISE

YUM YUM YUM :D btw...that the is NON-galvanized chicken wire wrapping pig ;)

READY TO START PULLIN'

FINALE

Wow, That's crazy.. I'm trying to get a baby one from my friend.. It all looks so good!!! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom