Pig Roast and Crawdad Boil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a busy weekend but, got to enjoy some good food with good people. Didn't get a chance to take a picture of all the craved meat from the pig because it was going as fast as it was coming off the pig. Hope you guys enjoy and hope everyone had a great Mother's day weekend with their moms.

wascolianpride Now that is some great looking eats, Have a quick question, What kind of seasoning do you boil your crawdads in. or just plain salted water. if you don't mind sharing. Thanks and great pictures.

Wascolianpride, outstanding Brother! All of it looks fantastic. But I have to ask....crawdads? May just be a regional thing, but in the south "crawdads" are fresh water, in your front yard kind of bugs. Brown shell. Crawfish are the red shelled brackish water or farm raised variety. (Cajun style) Only asking for information purposes. But looks like you boiled EM and served em up just right!! And man, that pig looks scrumptious. I'm thinking it's a good thing you didn't get pictures, or you probably would have gotten run over! Nice job.

thereeper said:
wascolianpride Now that is some great looking eats, Have a quick question, What kind of seasoning do you boil your crawdads in. or just plain salted water. if you don't mind sharing. Thanks and great pictures.

Thank you for the compliment...When I order the crawdads they actually give you a seasoning that is called seafood boil, its kind of like an old bay but with a some kick and then I add some salt to each batch I make.

Texas 1836 said:
Wascolianpride, outstanding Brother! All of it looks fantastic. But I have to ask....crawdads? May just be a regional thing, but in the south "crawdads" are fresh water, in your front yard kind of bugs. Brown shell. Crawfish are the red shelled brackish water or farm raised variety. (Cajun style) Only asking for information purposes. But looks like you boiled EM and served em up just right!! And man, that pig looks scrumptious. I'm thinking it's a good thing you didn't get pictures, or you probably would have gotten run over! Nice job.

Thanks Texas I appreciate that...And I've just always called crawfish crawdads since I was kid because thats what my uncle called them. But, I order them from this company down in Louisana and they are the red shelled crawfish and let me tell you they were outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom