Pics of first smoke & whats smokin next

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squint

Assistant Cook
For those of you that reminded me to get pics, the wife took some of one of the hens I smoked.

chicken1.jpg

Of course, that's all that was left.....She enjoyed what the last of it was in process of becoming:

enchiladas1.jpg

But for real, here's a pic of this wknd's project:

butt1.jpg

Pork Butt!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Andy

Give him a break guys! At least his wife takes the pic's for him! My wife looks at me like I'm a bumbling idiot when I take pic's of my food!

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Give him a break guys! At least his wife takes the pic's for him! My wife looks at me like I'm a bumbling idiot when I take pic's of my food!
How does she look at you when you're not taking pictures of your food? :)

Well........you gotta point Finney!

when you guys say little wife you musta seen her. shes about an inch taller than a smurf....but I think if it came down to it she could take him. so he will hafta do what I did and leave the camera next to the maverick in the house. headed out today to get a butt for tomorrow...and gonna try out the Wolfe rub.

Larry Wolfe said:
My wifey doesn't get it either. She just looks at me funny. I say, "They love the pics!" :D

Finney-
Best batch of enchiladas I've ever made. That smoked chicken made all the difference. That & my super secret green sauce.

My brother is right. Short Chick could take me down in a fight. Especially now that we're both taking Aikido. Never teach your wife how to put you in wrist locks or throw you across the room. Bad plan, Andy...

Green Hornet said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2p6eq7pm]Give him a break guys! At least his wife takes the pic's for him! My wife looks at me like I'm a bumbling idiot when I take pic's of my food!
My wifey doesn't get it either. She just looks at me funny. I say, "They love the pics!" :D[/quote:2p6eq7pm]

Ditto here...however, by this time, the wife just shakes her head and walks away...

What, dosent everybody ta;e pictures of their food ??

The super secret green sauce recipe is a time honored, uber hard to make double super secret recipe, but I guess I can share:

Ingredients:
Zapata's Smoked Salsa Verde (Med or Hot)
La Victoria or La Preferita Green Taco Sauce (Med or Hot)-- Not the jalapeno taco sauce, just what they call "green"

Mix together till desired consistency & taste. I don't have exact amounts, but its somewhere in the 3:1 Zapatas to Green range. The Zapata's is just a great salsa verde. Incredible smoked flavor. I need to learn how to smoke tomatillos.

Back
Top Bottom