Picnic Butt on the WSM and testin my UDS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm tryin out the new Kingsford Comp. To me it burns a little hotter and it defanitly lights faster, with a nice mild smell.
I got a picnic butt on the WSM over Kcomp and hickory, and im testing out my UDS just to get little practice on it, but I do know i am gonna have to get rid of one of the caps on the nipples and put a ball valve on it. Well here are some pics.

img_180018_0_e57f039f09ca2fdc9698ede8949d9768.jpg

img_180018_1_5ffa4517337dfc4143e70061af25608d.jpg

img_180018_2_87606acece0c158bf8c92ad0d3cd1680.jpg

Looks good from here, hopefully the breeze will pick up soon and I'll be able to smell it!

Everything is goin well as far as the cook, me well i got 2 cheerwine cans sittin by my computer one i just opened to drink and the other is my spitter for my tobacco habit i got, well im sure you can guess what happened.
I will post some pics of the butt when its chopped up.
Oh and i got a little of my home made sauce that im gonna poor over it when its chopped up, its your typical central NC sauce real thin with a little ketchup, i let it sit a few daysbefore i use it kinda blends all the flavors together so the vinerger aint so strong.

Well its all done and ate up, served with BBQ bunny bread and baked beans, sorry this picture aint real good but i was hungry and didnt take any more.
img_180079_0_f267e2fa7a4f680ca830e6214ea38cbc.jpg

If I didn't know any better... I'd say that looks like a mess. But... Luckily... I do know better. That's some great looking Carolina chopped pork right there !

Thanks to the Pork Round Table podcast ... Very informative*! Chris and Jim did a great job on that explaining the difference in the pork "styles".

*(especially if you want a lesson on what not to do in a live event....like bumping the coffee table and knocking over beer cans)

ahhh Bunny Bread...I've got a local mall staff I cook for every Christmas,
and they say if I don't have Bunny BBQ Bread, don't come! It's dang
hard to find down here in December. Had to drive to Cherry Grove
one time just to get it.

it's a soft drink...kinda cherry coke sort of thing...very popular
in North Carolina...in fact, there are teams competing with a
Cheerwine BBQ Sauce.

I live in Salisbury, did yall happen to eat at College BBQ while you were here? Out of all the BBQ joints from lexington to China Grove College is my favorite then Lexington then Gary's in China Grove.

0341SteelRain said:
I live in Salisbury, did yall happen to eat at College BBQ while you were here? Out of all the BBQ joints from lexington to China Grove College is my favorite then Lexington then Gary's in China Grove.
No, we were trying to hit as many places on the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail as we could, and Richard's was one of them. I'm sure there are a lot of good places that Jim Early didn't put in his book (and on the Trail). A week wasn't long enough to get more than a sample -- we need to go back. :D

--John

Back
Top Bottom