Pick your brains on Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
do you own a restaurant? One of the best I ever saw kept
the meat wrapped in plastic wrap in the warmer, and pulled
and chopped to order. it's better that way.

otherwise, a nonreactive pan with applejuice/bbq sauce covered
with foil in the warmer.

I pull it, put about 3 lbs in a good gallon size freezer ziplock bag, pound it pretty flat and refrigerate. I then take it out of the fridge as needed and warm it in the microwave,(med temp, like power of 60). Takes about 5 to 6 minutes to get to temp. Stays nice, fresh and moist. You can also freeze it using this method. Works Very Well.
Note, we have a very similar business, cept I'm seasonal and only week-ends...in my 6th year.
dj

I pulled, packed, refregerated and reheated 45lbs of pulled pork using the exact same method that DJ described to the T. Simmering water is my prefered method to reheat a foodsaver package but it takes about 20 miutes. Six minutes in the microwave is dead on to reheat 3 lbs.

The only exception is that I foodsavered the bags and reheated at full power.

Well it aint really a pig deal but I have an old chum who used to do a lot vending of chopped brisket sandwiches so it prob fairly similar. His strategy was to cook it at home on his big pit..chop it..bag suck it and freeze it. Take it onsite in his vending trailer and thaw out however much he thought he would need and dump it out to reheat on a commercial grade fry griddle. He say the smell would flat drive the customers crazy as the smoke smell wafted around the vicinity. Sure a person could add a little moisture and maybe a dome lid on it as it reheated if it happen to appear dry. If it looked like a busy day he set some extry to thaw and those he didnt use get tossed back in the freezer. Not sure whut size packs he made up but think they was fairly smallish. Just a little food for thought for ya.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well it aint really a pig deal but I have an old chum who used to do a lot vending of chopped brisket sandwiches so it prob fairly similar. His strategy was to cook it at home on his big pit..chop it..bag suck it and freeze it. Take it onsite in his vending trailer and thaw out however much he thought he would need and dump it out to reheat on a commercial grade fry griddle. He say the smell would flat drive the customers crazy as the smoke smell wafted around the vicinity. Sure a person could add a little moisture and maybe a dome lid on it as it reheated if it happen to appear dry. If it looked like a busy day he set some extry to thaw and those he didnt use get tossed back in the freezer. Not sure whut size packs he made up but think they was fairly smallish. Just a little food for thought for ya.

bigwheel

and there you have it! :D

At our firemens fair last year, I had it shrunk wrapped in about 3 pound packages. I would toss a bag or 2 into the corn boiler. Then I would grab one out after 15 minutes and dump it out of the bag, into a crock pot and serve it from there. It seemed to work pretty darn good like that.

Nick Prochilo said:
At our firemens fair last year, I had it shrunk wrapped in about 3 pound packages. I would toss a bag or 2 into the corn boiler. Then I would grab one out after 15 minutes and dump it out of the bag, into a crock pot and serve it from there. It seemed to work pretty darn good like that.

and again there you have it! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

that sounds like a great idea too......... ;) :idea:

Yeah they good I just doing a little eye poking. Another old gent I know made a good living for many moons by offsetting beef knuckles or clods I forget which now but he say they weigh about 9 lbs each and he cooked them 9 hrs..and slicing them paper thin with a commercial slicer and dunking them into his big Nesco Roaster and covering with the cheapest BBQ sauce he could find and spunneling up the meat high and deep on the smallest and cheapest hamburger buns he could find. That should work too.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom