Pastrami Pastrami Pastrami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I bought a corned beef brisket flat, well at least that's what they call a flat. It actually had a point that was just about the same size as the flat! No biggie, so I separated them and soaked in water for 3 hours, changing the water every hour. Then coated them with fresh ground coriander seeds, fresh cracked pepper and a good amount of granulated garlic.

Fired up the Primo Junior with Royal Oak and two small hickory chunks. D-plates in position, piece of heavy duty aluminum foil to catch the drippage. Set the Digi Q at 225*, 6 hours later I had pastrami! Very very good! Best one I've made!

Nick Prochilo said:
WOW! My mouth is watering! Great job Larry. Hey, you gonna be selling your WSM?

No! I have two of them and will be using one tomorrow for our Easter turkey.

surfinsapo said:
Larry, is that a Reuben Sandwich? I love those...Great job man!!! :D

Pretty much a reuben except a reuben is traditionally made with corned beef I think! But yeah, it's a pastrami reuben! :LOL:

CarolinaQue said:
Thanks Larry!!! That just made me really F'IN hungry!!!

Tim

I'm sorry..................If it makes you feel better I had a cold pastrami, swiss and deli mustard sandwich on rye this morning.......... :LOL:

The looks excellent. Is that all you have to soak a corn beef is 3 hours. I have one in the freezer since last year. I need to do something with that this week. I'm off for Easter Break.

Larry gave me a little hint that worked last week when I smoked a corned beef. I only soaked it for about 3 hrs. changing the water a few times and the finished product was awesome!

cleglue said:
The looks excellent. Is that all you have to soak a corn beef is 3 hours. I have one in the freezer since last year. I need to do something with that this week. I'm off for Easter Break.

Depends some people will say to soak anywhere from 12 - 48 hours. I don't find it necessary and three works perfect! Not over salty whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom