Overnight Easter Butt Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Doing two pork butts overnight; total weight just under 14lbs; one rubbed with my own rub the other with Texas BBQ "Wild" Rub. Rubbed both and refrigerated for 8 hours.

Butt on right with Texas BBQ "wild"

Started the cooker at 9pm, using Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal and Humphrey's Lump; with Apple and Pecan wood (2:1) Temps stabilized in one hour at 250 at the lid. Shouldn't have to open it up until morning....more pics then.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Um, Bruce. Its morning now. WHERE ARE THE PICS?

They're almost done...be patient. Besides I've been busy I had to search around the house and look for my Easter Basket from the Easter Bunny, then I had to make coffee, then I made my coleslaw dressing.....Damn, I'm pretty much exhausted, bout time for a nap.

10:30am Update

The smaller butt(right) is at 190 and the larger is at 182 but not quite done yet, just doesn't pass the wiggle test. I'll give them both another 1/2 hour or so. Pulled Pork just in time to the final round from Augusta today.

Pulled Pork sandwich on onion roll with Lexington Barbecue Red Slaw (Peace, Love, and Barbecue; Mike Mills; pg.109) with some Jack Stack Sauce from KC.

Goooooooooooooooooooodddddddd!!!!!!!!

Bruce B said:
Pulled Pork sandwich on onion roll with Lexington Barbecue Red Slaw (Peace, Love, and Barbecue; Mike Mills; pg.109) with some Jack Stack Sauce from KC.

Goooooooooooooooooooodddddddd!!!!!!!!

Magnificent Bruce!!!

Looks great Bruce. What did you think of the red slaw? I've been wanting to try it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom