Overnight Easter Butt Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Doing two pork butts overnight; total weight just under 14lbs; one rubbed with my own rub the other with Texas BBQ "Wild" Rub. Rubbed both and refrigerated for 8 hours.

Butt on right with Texas BBQ "wild"

Started the cooker at 9pm, using Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal and Humphrey's Lump; with Apple and Pecan wood (2:1) Temps stabilized in one hour at 250 at the lid. Shouldn't have to open it up until morning....more pics then.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Um, Bruce. Its morning now. WHERE ARE THE PICS?

They're almost done...be patient. Besides I've been busy I had to search around the house and look for my Easter Basket from the Easter Bunny, then I had to make coffee, then I made my coleslaw dressing.....Damn, I'm pretty much exhausted, bout time for a nap.

10:30am Update

The smaller butt(right) is at 190 and the larger is at 182 but not quite done yet, just doesn't pass the wiggle test. I'll give them both another 1/2 hour or so. Pulled Pork just in time to the final round from Augusta today.

Pulled Pork sandwich on onion roll with Lexington Barbecue Red Slaw (Peace, Love, and Barbecue; Mike Mills; pg.109) with some Jack Stack Sauce from KC.

Goooooooooooooooooooodddddddd!!!!!!!!

Bruce B said:
Pulled Pork sandwich on onion roll with Lexington Barbecue Red Slaw (Peace, Love, and Barbecue; Mike Mills; pg.109) with some Jack Stack Sauce from KC.

Goooooooooooooooooooodddddddd!!!!!!!!

Magnificent Bruce!!!

Looks great Bruce. What did you think of the red slaw? I've been wanting to try it.

Back
Top Bottom