Overnight Butt Cook Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah...all night...whent on at 10:30pm last night. I don't usually have the 160 as much as I do the 180's...hope I don't get both...no matter...dinner ain't until 5pm! :D

Hey Rempe, is that the apple I gave ya last summer? What ever happened to those photo's you shot while here. Let's see em! Woody

Man I love apple wood. I do all my butts over apple cherry and hickory (just a little hickory). The only cherry I can get though is chips. Need to order some more chunks.

Woodman said:
Hey Rempe, is that the apple I gave ya last summer? What ever happened to those photo's you shot while here. Let's see em! Woody

Woodman...I used the apple chunks loooooong ago...that is what got me going on Apple!! I get it from a couple Orchards now around the area!

Unfortunately, those pics are gone...along with that camera...it was work's!! :oops:

Yeah, the older you get, the tougher it is to find cherry Cap'n! ;) I spent a day in November taking cherry trees out of a friend's property (hope he doesn't find out ;) ) so I've got about two cords of unsplit logs now. A cord of apple is seasoning up in my woodshed (used to be a toolshed!) I've got another friend who has multiple apple and cherry trees on a piece of land he just bought that we are taking out as soon as hunting season is over. Those should yield about three cords min. I think there are maple and oak there too! I'm fixed for wood through 2007!! I also have about a 1/4 cord of Hickory that I use sparingly. Hope to pick up some pecan on an exchange with Redneck Cooker when I pick up my pit in Tejas. Not too much, cause of gas and all to haul it. They desire apple in Tejas. We desire pecan in Ohio! This is why they call me "Woodman"

Greg Rempe said:
Woodman said:

Woodman...I used the apple chunks loooooong ago...that is what got me going on Apple!! I get it from a couple Orchards now around the area!

Unfortunately, those pics are gone...along with that camera...it was work's!! :oops:

Cool, the orchard gig is one of my favorites too! I cook up a butt every so often to keep the owners happy!

I thought it looked familiar, I was just checking. Those are looking good, I can get to Cleveland by 5 :-k

I will keep 2 places set for you guys...there will be room as Woodie declined my offer to join and also get to meet Smokin' U!! :roll: :-(

So, there will be plenty for you two! :D

Looking good....

By the way, Woodman, do you find any less flavor in your older fruit woods smoke? I mean, is the smoke less intense in wood that's 2 years old, etc, or is it more mellow like wine?

Back
Top Bottom