Over cooked ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I over cooked some spare ribs yesterday. They were such a big hit that I may over cook them from now on.

People love ribs that are difficult to slice and barley hanging on the bone.

Go figure.

I have to say when I'm eating them I don't need that "tug from the bone," don't mind them falling off the bone. If you have some like that I can clean 'em up for you :mrgreen:

Less work = eating more. Like eating boiled crawfish, they peel easy people will eat until the cows come home. Hard to peel and they give up after a while.

I'd eat a rack like that myself!

I over cooked some spare ribs yesterday. They were such a big hit that I may over cook them from now on.

People love ribs that are difficult to slice and barley hanging on the bone.

Go figure.
It's a sad state of affairs we reside in .
Then again.....you never do know brother. :cool:

Well at the risk of repeating stuff..it can oft be heard said on the Tejas Smoking trail..If somebody want to win ribs best be edible by all the nice thoothless widder ladies who stays at the geriatric center. Got to be at the slither down the throat stage. They like super sweet too. Grand prize winner at Terrill one year tasted like a boiled 3 Musketeer Candy bar. Sometimes life just aint fair.

I overcooked a couple of racks a while back and I was so pissed off and everybody loved them and was wondering why I was so mad. I can't stand the texture of overcooked ribs but that is just me. To each is own, a lot of people like them that way.

I am holding out for a chunk of one which hangs out getting hand massaages in the shade of Mt. Fujiyama.

I thought the purpose of BBQ and smokin' meat was to take a cheap cut and make it great. A hundo + for a brisket is not a cheap slab of meat. I can't say I have ever done one or ever anticipate doing one.

Good point. But I was waiting for Nickie's response.
Here I'll do it for him.....
'What Buzz said! ' ;)

If you like them, then they are not overcoked, no matter what some Texassicans say or like.

Personally, I like the meat to stay on the bone, but almost melt in my mouth after I gently tug it off the rib bone.

As far as Waygu, yes I have cooked a Waygu brisket. It was given to me, trying to get me to buy more. The flavor was good, maybe even better than most that I have tasted, but the mouth feel was very greasy. Even the Waygu brisket that was cooked by other, more experienced Waygu brisket cooks had that greasy mouth feel. It took a while to get the greasy taste from my mouth. I'll stick to choice and proper preparation.

BOB

Sounds like somebody forget to drain the grease out of it..gasp. That make any brisket taste greasy.

If you like them, then they are not overcoked, no matter what some Texassicans say or like.

Personally, I like the meat to stay on the bone, but almost melt in my mouth after I gently tug it off the rib bone.

As far as Waygu, yes I have cooked a Waygu brisket. It was given to me, trying to get me to buy more. The flavor was good, maybe even better than most that I have tasted, but the mouth feel was very greasy. Even the Waygu brisket that was cooked by other, more experienced Waygu brisket cooks had that greasy mouth feel. It took a while to get the greasy taste from my mouth. I'll stick to choice and proper preparation.

BOB
Thanks Bob! So I will concur with you and Buzz! :cool:
Not Nick's cheap ass!

From my get amount of experience in smoking ribs is that if they taste good, they are good. I mean if you are out at a competition yes you dont want them to fall off the bone, that is a big no no. When you are at home, if it taste good then it is good.

I gotta believe if you were doing a catering gig and the ribs were falling off the bone, they would be deemed perfect !

Back
Top Bottom