Ole Man Jim's Meatloaf Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Doing my first meatloaf cook tonight and using Ole Man Jim's Meatloaf recipe found in the Beef Recipe Section. Couple modifications I made.

Only used 6lbs of meat (4lb ground chuck, 2lb ground pork)
1 lg Vidalia onion
1 lg bell pepper
12oz itailian bread crumbs instead of 16
2T of Emerils Essence, instead of cajun BBQ rub
1ts Thyme
1ts Sage
4 lg eggs
sprinkled top of loaves with Head Country Rub
All else the same, these changes were made mainly due to reduction of meat..

Going to use the WSM, with two chunks of cherry wood. Put meat in loaf pans and punctured holes in bottom of pans to drain grease. After an hour or so I will remove meat from pans after it firms up and place on grate.

Will check in later with more and some pics.

My wife saw 6lb of meat and she just shook her head. One day she'll get it. (understand I mean, not really "get it")

Meatloaf of the cooker at 2:30 pm. Testing to see if I can post these pics a different way.

Let's try this.
viewpic.cfm
[/url]
[/img][/i]

Clumsy, but I'm getting there....

Brother Hoss makes a killer garlic smashers. Smack them next to a slice of that meat loaf and you will be in heaven.

Here's the finished pics.

The meatloaf turned out fantastic. It could have been a little more moist for my taste. It WAS NOT dry by any means, but just a little moister. Perhaps 12oz of bread crumbs is a little too much.

Really enjoyed Danny's Glaze, will have to try that on ribs, I see what all the fuss is about, this would be awesome on ribs. Sauced the other one with Head Country original.

Nothing elaborate for sides just tomatoes and cucumbers, too hot heat up the kitchen, besides I love tomatoes and cucumbers.

http://community.webshots.com/album/393355286JICNxE

HominaHominaHominaHomina!!! Hey Bruce, you want to make meatloaf for our WildCard at the Mich Cookoff? I'm serious. WE are not planning on entering that category so you can have it! Woody

Back
Top Bottom