OK so I love Brisket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla

Sous Chef
So I cooked these two 12# choice packers today. They came out great!! OK so I have changed my mind and I now have a better appreciation for Brisket. Brisket does not suck. It was super, but I'm too tired to screw with pictures. I still question the value if you pay too much though. :!:

zilla said:
So I cooked these two 12# choice packers today. They came out great!! OK so I have changed my mind and I now have a better appreciation for Brisket. Brisket does not suck. It was super, but I'm too tired to screw with pictures. I still question the value if you pay too much though. :!:

For those that know I have been searching Orangeburg , Denmark , Aiken and Barnwell for a brisket , and cant find one . HELP !! zheck at this point I am wiling to go Charlotte , Charleston , etc to get some anyone have any ideas ????

WalterSC said:
zilla said:

For those that know I have been searching Orangeburg , Denmark , Aiken and Barnwell for a brisket , and cant find one . HELP !! zheck at this point I am wiling to go Charlotte , Charleston , etc to get some anyone have any ideas ????

Sams might have it. Try asking some places might be able to order it for you.

Chris

Chris[/quote]

Well did that today, the meat man at Sams in Columbia asked me what a brisket was LOL !! its funny our local grocery stores carry ribs, boston butts , london broil , chicken and pork shoulders but just one brisket na.

It has been a hard time try to find some good brisket up here. But I got luck and found one store that carries IBP USDA choic :happyd:

WalterSC said:
zilla said:

Super Wally carries them. They are in the order guides. Go to your Orangeburg Wally, demand satisfaction, and don't take no for an answer. If that dosen't work out, let me know I'll bring you a couple to SOTB.

Brisket Good!

Jack

Super Wally carries them. They are in the order guides. Go to your Orangeburg Wally, demand satisfaction, and don't take no for an answer. If that dosen't work out, let me know I'll bring you a couple to SOTB.

Brisket Good!

Jack[/quote]

Thanks Jack I appreciate that . You know me I can stand tall when needed, dont go to Wally world that much but I will now. If you got names and numbers for the places you get meats from down there I would travel.
Niki got 2 nice looking butts , I will do them this weekend , practice makes perfect !!!

My sister's neighbor goes to the local mexi-mart and asks for meat that is used for Chile Colorado. Usually gets a decent Brisket. Out here I just go to the butcher shop in Longmont. Safeway or Kings (Kroger) most times has points or flats but no packers and they are pricier.

DATsBBQ said:
My sister's neighbor goes to the local mexi-mart and asks for meat that is used for Chile Colorado. Usually gets a decent Brisket. Out here I just go to the butcher shop in Longmont. Safeway or Kings (Kroger) most times has points or flats but no packers and they are pricier.

Thanks I know of a few Krogers and Safeways in Columbia , neve thought of a tex mex place good idea though keep em coming .

Safeway (actually Carrs-Safeway here, the local chain got bought out by Safeway about 5 years ago) has flats. A local butcher shop has flats and packers. I check their selections when I need brisket, or any other time I'm there. Sometimes the choices are good other times not so good.

Griff

WalterSC said:

Brisket Good!

Jack

Thanks Jack I appreciate that . You know me I can stand tall when needed, dont go to Wally world that much but I will now. If you got names and numbers for the places you get meats from down there I would travel.
Niki got 2 nice looking butts , I will do them this weekend , practice makes perfect !!![/quote]

I really don't have to go any further than the meat dept. at Wally.

In stock all the time, and they are ususally choice not enhanced pzckers. I can get a deal on them almost anytime. I'm sure your Orangeburg Wally will have them.

Good Q!

Jack

WalterSC said:

Chris

Well did that today, the meat man at Sams in Columbia asked me what a brisket was LOL !! its funny our local grocery stores carry ribs, boston butts , london broil , chicken and pork shoulders but just one brisket na.[/quote]

:ack: :ack: :loony:

Here in Kansas City, believe it or not, briskets are already trimmed. I have to order a whole brisket from grocery store. Sam's and Costco do though carry whole briskets.

Back
Top Bottom