Nick's cold weather chics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey_Joe

Head Chef
Tonight our son Nick tried his hand at his first cold weather cook.

It was entirely his cook from prep to plate. Including his choice to make
up his own rub.

He drizzled some Liquid Smoke on meat first, then went right for a bowl
and mixed up garlic powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon and sugar. spun it
around a little and coated the chicken.

You teaching the younger set to put cinnamon and Liquid Smoke on Chicken? Gasp......Who has the rope and hawg knife? :shock:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
You teaching the younger set to put cinnamon and Liquid Smoke on Chicken? Gasp......Who has the rope and hawg knife? :shock:

bigwheel

:LOL: Ya I know... the liquid smoke is "his". Personally I do not use the stuff, I hate the taste....too bitter. But since he first started cooking, I brought him to the store and he gathered his own spices and always has since. Just like his crappy taste in screaming new age music that I put up with, I also put up with his taste in spices.... all in the same hopes his taste buds will grow up along with his brain! :LOL:

That liquid smoke is the least of my woes.... there's been many a cooks so far with him that I just nod, smile and gulp hard to get it down. He's come a long way. He has ADD, so keeping his attention in things is tough sometimes. Just happy and proud he's stuck with BBQ this long. He was up in the air and I almost lost him. Then last Summer I had him make and smoke some bacon with me... when he tasted the end result, he just couldn't believe it was something he had made....he was HOOKED for good!

Anyhow, this was his first attempt at cooking below 30 degress, he learned that things just do not cook the same.

And Nick says THANK YOU for all the kind words.

Back
Top Bottom