New Rib recipe wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
All this talk about ribs has me hankering for some... but I am looking for a change.

Anyone have a rib rub and sauce recipe that they are willing to share. I am looking for a new flavor, not for competition, just something different for me to eat.

My rib rub and sauce is pretty sweet and I just have a hankering for something different. I want ribs but I don't want alot of sweet. Not overly hot for the rest of the family, but a little spicey doesn't hurt.

thanks in advance

Gary

Sounds like you need Texas Rib Rangers Spicy Sauce to me. Headcountry All Purpose for the rub. Spike the sauce with a little orange blossom honey just enough to sweeten it up a bit and use it for a glaze. Swab them down only once.

bigwheel

Here's a sauce I use for ribs. It's supposedly a clone of Tony Roma's rib sauce. I never ate at a Tony Roma's restaurant so I don't know how close it is. It is not sweet (I have seen people pouring honey on their ribs and I cannot imagine doing it.)

, Title: Tony Roma's Original Baby Back Barbecue Sauce
Categories:
Yield: 1

1 c ketchup
1 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c dark corn syrup (I substituted ¼ cup light corn syrup plus ¼ cup molasses)
2 ts sugar
1/2 ts salt
1/4 ts garlic powder
1/4 ts Onion powder
1/4 ts Tabasco sauce or your favorite hot sauce.

1. Combine all of the ingredients for the barbecue sauce in a
saucepan over high heat. Use a whisk to blend the ingredients until smooth.

2. When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered.

3. In 30 to 45 minutes, when the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat. If you want a thicker sauce, heat it longer. If you make the sauce too thick, thin it with more vinegar.

Gary try grilling them with simple salt and pepper like THESE......I've gotta say, I really think I liked them better than slow smoked, heavily rubbed and sauced ribs. Definitely WELL worth trying. My wife does not like ribs when I normally make them, she damn near ate 3/4 of this rack.

Larry Wolfe said:
Gary try grilling them with simple salt and pepper like THESE......I've gotta say, I really think I liked them better than slow smoked, heavily rubbed and sauced ribs. Definitely WELL worth trying. My wife does not like ribs when I normally make them, she damn near ate 3/4 of this rack.

I use Wolfe rub & Blue plate BBQ sauce to finish, Blue plate is a concentrate & real tart. it can be sweetened to taste with brown sugar & water.

Damm Larry I didn't kmow you knew how to cook :LOL:

I have made a bbq sauce which was a standard tomato based sauce and put pureed pineapple in it and less brown sugar. Pineapple has a different type of sweetness that is lighter than brown sugar. I used it on pork chops but my brother used it on ribs and both were really good.

Back
Top Bottom