New Cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! They tasted great, had a smokier taste than the ribs that come off of my pellet cooker and were very moist.

Now I'm just waiting on the Butt to get finished. Last practice before next weeks Comp in Indiana.

Probably not. Most likely I'll be going with the Jedmaster and The Fast Eddy. The Fatboy will be making its competition debut in July at Franklin, PA.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":16wen2gy][quote="Greg Rempe":16wen2gy]Fatboys won the Jack this year...nice addition to the collection, Kloset!

I didn't think Bubba and Bruce did well at the Jack?? But they won? :LOL:[/quote:16wen2gy]

How well did you do Larry? ;) :LOL:[/quote:16wen2gy]

I didn't go Brucie..............I'd rather not be a "Tag A Long" and get there on my own.......... rather than ride someone elses coat tails! :shock:

The racks are stainless steel. I wash them off with hot water and a green scrub pad in the wash tub in our laundry room.

Nice looking ribs,the cooker looks good also Koset,,i'm ready for another set of racks in my cooker and thinking straight stainless steel,the original diamond shaped ones are done and cleaning them in the cold was impossible,
i would just scrape down and not bother with water.

The 3rd photo from the top,what are those strange black squareish roundy
looking things in the charcoal pan under the heat diffuser?

Larry Wolfe said:
I really like the pit and the finished ribs Dallas. How was the butt?

The butt was very good Larry. The guru temp read 205 so I thought it was done but there were a few muscles in the pork that required some significant pulling. I didn't get a chance to fix the pork up before everyone started diving in to get some. I only got one pic. It was better than it looks. Very moist, nice smoke ring but like I said it could have probably used a lot more resting time.

img_154454_0_b772c5a39acabea9caa10d10287a02f6.jpg

BBQmmm said:
The 3rd photo from the top,what are those strange black squareish roundy
looking things in the charcoal pan under the heat diffuser?

A bag of backwood briquettes came with the smoker. They were nice looking briquettes and left very little ash. I used them to season the smoker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom