Need Help with Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Ok... so the TV anchor lady emails me and asks me to do the morning show AGAIN. But I need ideas. She is asking for Superbowl BBQ

now, there is a range of things I can do, I know... but here is what I am dealing with.

I have already done Wings, and ABTs on one show... Steaks and ribs on another... so I don't want to repeat myself.

It is a 2 hour long morning show in which I get FOUR 2 minute time slots. Also, I am cooking on a 22" Weber Kettle (showing that anyone with or without a smoker can do this) or, I have also brought the WSM along too when I did the ABTs.

When I did ribs, I started 2 racks just after Midnight the night before and foiled them and put them in the cooler just before leaving for the station. After showing how to prep ribs and rub them and threw the raw ones on, the camera went off and I threw on a rack that was almost done and went from there... so, this type of doing them ahead is an option, just more work for me.

So... if anyone has any ideas as to what I might cook in the parameters mentioned above... lets hear it. Remember it is supposed to be SUPERBOWL BBQ.....

Thanks
Gary

moinkballs
grilled shrimp (kabobs)
bacon wrapped scallops
grilled bananas
stuffed mushrooms
hamburger sliders
grilled oysters/clams

sausage on a stick,bacon wrap portabella,fatty stuffed with peppers and cheese,Bacon wrap shrimp w/jalapeno,any kind of K-BOB,Potatoe skins.

Try Danny G's Chicken Thighs. Should be in the recipe section I think. If you decide to do them holler back and I give you a tweak or two:)

bigwheel

Artichoke Dip-
Nachos
Quesadilla-Choice of pulled pork, or Pulled chicken
Smoked/grilled pork shanks
Rib Tips
Sliders- pulled pork, pulled chicken, brisket

And if you can bring a fryer
Fried pulled pork Ravioli
Fried pickles
make your own chips for the artichoke dip and nachos

Cheesecake
sweet potato pie
apple pie

any kind of fattie or a nice smoked chicken chille mmmmmmm yummy

bacon wrapped anything...shrimp,scallops, chicken.... dredge it in a brown sugar cayane mix and cook slow.

Do a brisket.....make brisket sliders with the flat and burnt end and pearl onion skewers with the point. I like to grill the pearl onions on there own skewers until they are done. Then make burnt ends however you usually do them. I like to use the small fancy bamboo skewers with the little flat handle. Put burnt end, then onion, then burnt end...or however you want to do it. serve on round platter with cup of sauce in the middle. My dad and bro are big fans of A1, so I like to make a sauce from A1, butter, and brown sugar.

Good luck

Weldon

What a great thread!!! I was gonna say Larrrys Sriracha wings but he beat me to it. Good thinkin on the artichoke dip boberqer, my wife makes an artichoke dip that is basic ( I think, ive never made it ) and it is to die for as far as Im concerned. And Gregs bacon wrapped dogs. Theres alot of great ideas already here....Big Eds Sausage on a stick great! Anything on a stick makes it "cool" doesn't it? Once again this is why I like this site. :mrgreen:

How about Hawg Wings?

img_210097_0_88528ead6b2111251874650a2328e157.jpg

Details here http://olddavespo-farm.blogspot.com/sea ... wg%20Wings

Brined (just salt and brown sugar) smoked turkey legs.
Apple wood smoked brats.
Blue cheese stuffed burgers w/grilled red onions
Smoked buffalo chicken legs. (Can be brined with salt and tabasco sauce first)
Kabobs

Al

Back
Top Bottom