Need help picking rubs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beech Bang

Assistant Cook
I'm planning on purchasing some rubs since i'm running dry. I'm gonna try the Wolf Rub Bold for sure but not sure on some other ones. Gonna be used for alot of ribs and chicken for now until i get some confidence doing some of the other bigger stuff.

Wolf Rub (which i like), BRITU rub (which was kinda ok), and some supermarket cheapies are the only rubs i have tried so far.

If you guys could recommend me a couple decent ones, or maybe your top three, that would be great! It would give me more confidence when i buy it.

Thanks!

Wolfe rubs are good choices.
Give Dizzy Pigs a try. The Dizzy Dust is good stuff.
I tried Bad Byron's Butt Rub a while back and liked it alot.

There are a lot out there that are great Dizzy pigs, Buster Rhinos, Wolf rub etc buy a bunch and try lots then you get to know what you like

I keep quite a bit of the WRO on hand. You might try the sampler pack from Dizzy pig, gives you an idea of what they have. ddogs is good stuff too. my bunch loves the maple on smoked yardbird. tried the apple on some chicken breasts too and it turned out great.

Ok, looks like i'm gonna try...

1. Wolf rubs
2. Dizzy Pig
3. DDogs

Thanks peeps! I really appreciate the info. This should keep me busy for a while.

Because of this string I just ordered several Dizzy Pigs stuff. They have a nice web site.
Thinking of trying Lotta Bull too.
I like Wolfy's...seems easy on the salt, which is good with my heavy hand.

Beach Bang,
All good choices you got there. Maybe I can squeeze on your list and you can try a Texas rub. I have two a regular and a spicy (not too spicy). Check out my website and give it a shot. I am working on a steak/meat only type rub. Those of you interested let m eknow I can try to send you a small sample when I get a good mix I am happy with.
Thanks,

What the heck, i'll give Big Ron a shot too.

I ordered all 4 today and can't wait to get Q'n.

Thanks again peeps!

Back
Top Bottom